Cats -- so awesome that...

Started by JasonPratt, November 14, 2017, 12:43:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

...a rheologist at the University of Paris has proven that cats are liquid. Sort of.

And won the first Ig Nobel Prize at Harvard recently for his study!

Only kind of kidding!

https://theconversation.com/answering-the-question-that-won-me-the-ig-nobel-prize-are-cats-liquid-86589

The hour-and-a-half award ceremony at Harvard.

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

(Also, cats are so awesome they deserve their own Enigma thread.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Sir Slash

Cats are not liquid. Though they love to make you drink liquid-- hard liquids. The real question nobody can figure-out is, "Do We Teach Our Cats To Do Things- Or Do They Teach Us To Do Things"?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Staggerwing

Dogs have owners... cats have staff.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JudgeDredd

Humans have friends in a dog but they have lodgers in a cat
Alba gu' brath

BanzaiCat

Cats are asshats that don't pay rent, though.

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

BanzaiCat

Why would I read it? I might have written it. Though I don't recall sending the profits to the Contras or not.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Sir Slash on November 14, 2017, 12:48:19 PM
Cats are not liquid. Though they love to make you drink liquid-- hard liquids.

They also make liquid. Sometimes in your shoes.

Quote from: Staggerwing on November 14, 2017, 07:36:31 PM
Dogs have owners... cats have staff.

Worth noting that the "cats are liquid" theory was actually written by the cat, per the cat's staff.  ^-^ (Cf the first comments on the article.)

Quote from: BanzaiCat on November 15, 2017, 07:32:49 AM
Cats are asshats that don't pay rent, though.

Ouch! -- that particular exerciser is about to get significantly more exercise than expected, going after that cat!

Quote from: BanzaiCat on November 15, 2017, 07:40:32 AM
Why would I read it? I might have written it. Though I don't recall sending the profits to the Contras or not.

Enigmatic. Very appropriate for the subcategory.  O0

JasonPratt

Looking more closely I realize (1) the monitor wasn't plugged in, in any way (which makes me suspect this was a staged event that went far too right);

and (2) the cat's non-reaction to dropping a TV on the peon genuflecting on the floor is priceless.  :DD

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

Quote from: bayonetbrant on November 15, 2017, 09:44:37 AM
https://www.postize.com/ninja-cats

Ha, a friend of mine and I in high school loved bad 80s ninja movies. We both had cats and often referred to them as "gato ninjas" that are most dispweased wiff our wack of twaining!

JasonPratt

My brother and his wife had an (eventually) elder dog (not to be confused with an elder god, since her disposition was much more cheerful), who could not understand why we didn't realize the NINJA SQUIRREL WAS RIGHT THERE LOOKING IN THE DOOR AT US!!!1!

airboy