Wing Leader GMT games

Started by acctingman, October 27, 2017, 08:54:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent Disapproval Robot

There aren't any specific rules or AI system for solo play.  You just end up playing both sides if you want to solo it.

mirth

Seems like it would lend itself to solo play fairly well.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

acctingman

Just picked up a copy of Victories for $20 off someone from BGG. Hoping to get into this next weekend.

Thanks for all the info gents.  O0

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Barthheart

I think it plays well solo. There's no hidden info. Most of the time your planes are restricted by C&C rules so they can only act in a restricted way.

And then there's always VASSAL to play other people.  :)

acctingman

Quote from: Barthheart on November 27, 2017, 08:04:17 PM
I think it plays well solo. There's no hidden info. Most of the time your planes are restricted by C&C rules so they can only act in a restricted way.

And then there's always VASSAL to pay other people.  :)

Well Barth, I'm not sure I want to "pay" you to play WL on Vassal with me, however, with the CN discount rate, it might be worth it   :P

Barthheart

Nefaro

I have both editions of Wing Leader, and still haven't actually played them.   :idiot2:

Clipped those counters, though!   :bd:

mirth

Quote from: Nefaro on November 27, 2017, 10:10:11 PM
I have both editions of Wing Leader, and still haven't actually played them.   :idiot2:

Some heroes don't wear capes ;)

Nefaro

Quote from: mirth on November 27, 2017, 10:12:02 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on November 27, 2017, 10:10:11 PM

Some heroes don't wear capes ;)

After beginning to sell some unused games, I'm also beginning to question whether I'm just a counter-clipping and piece-punching service.  :-\

mirth

It's best not to think about it.

Yskonyn

I am now in 3 PBEm games for WL. Very cool.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."