Avengers: Infinity War

Started by mirth, July 15, 2017, 04:53:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Quote from: Sir Slash on December 03, 2017, 11:59:49 PM
While attending a housewarming party of a friend of ours today, I spent about 20 minutes talking to a 9 year old boy who gave me about 3 or 4 new ideas of how Infinity War will work including how Thor will get his hammer back and where all the Infinity Stones are. He should have his own blog.  What ARE they feeding kids these days?  :o

This is what happens when you feed kids healthy food. They get smart and start thinking. We need to get back to a steady diet of Fruity Pebbles and Pixy Stix.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Barthheart

jamus34

Quote from: Sir Slash on December 03, 2017, 11:59:49 PM
While attending a housewarming party of a friend of ours today, I spent about 20 minutes talking to a 9 year old boy who gave me about 3 or 4 new ideas of how Infinity War will work including how Thor will get his hammer back and where all the Infinity Stones are. He should have his own blog.  What ARE they feeding kids these days?  :o

Dunno but all my youngest will eat is junk food (her staples are cereal, boxed Mac and cheese, and pizza) but the stuff coming out of her mouth blows my mind for her age. The fact that she knows the basics of playing chess (ie how each peice moves) still amazes me. She's 5 btw.
Insert witty comment here.

Sir Slash

Yes, this little Einstein explained to me very matter-of-factly, how Dr. Strange could re-make Thor's hammer for him, or use the Time Stone to go back and stop it being destroyed. It got me thinking they could use that ploy to re-do almost anything in the MCU: Save Asgard and or Odin, Stop Loki from ever getting the Tesslerrack, keep the Winter Soldier from killing Stark's parents, or..... bring back a dead Avenger character for a surprise save-the-world moment. It's such a simple idea, I wonder if anyone at the studio's thought of it. I think they should hire this little guy to write for them. Must be something they're putting on the broccoli.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

BanzaiCat

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

BanzaiCat

Takes one to know one!

I sure as hell am.  :nerd:

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Barthheart on December 04, 2017, 07:41:53 AM
Pop Rocks and Jolt Cola.  O0

I don't think that the objective is to kill them...

Silent Disapproval Robot

BanzaiCat

Sir Slash

AGE DISCRIMINATION! Old people are already funny without being put in situations that enhance their, what am I thinking of here? Somebody help me out! Con-fusion! That's it. I thought I'd see at least one, "Back in '44, I killed 40 Nazis' with my pocket knife. We didn't need no damned 'Super--Heroes'. We had Audey-By-God-Murphy"  >:(
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bob48

Calm down, gramps and fer all our sakes, put yer damn teeth back in.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bob48

..just what was that you were using to open those beer bottles with?
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Sir Slash

"Back in '44, we used to open our beer bottles by smashing them against Nazi heads".  >:(  By God!