Outpost Gamma AAR: Discussion Thread

Started by BanzaiCat, June 22, 2017, 11:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbmike

Full roster! Let's light this candle...
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

BanzaiCat

I've begun work on the chapters and have started the game. Since this will be on the front page, it'll be a couple of weeks before it appears.

Meanwhile...any of you every play this game?

mirth

Quote from: BC on June 25, 2017, 12:35:41 PM
Meanwhile...any of you every play this game?

No, but I did download everything I could from the website after you posted the link.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

Pretty sure the link I posted wasn't kinky. ;)

mirth

Quote from: BC on June 25, 2017, 12:51:31 PM
Pretty sure the link I posted wasn't kinky. ;)

Musta been looking at something else.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

BanzaiCat

BanzaiCat

Progress report: I have the intro and the first turn written out.

Only a hair over 4,000 words so far!  :D

BanzaiCat

I went back through my document and organized it. There are three parts to the AAR written out as of right now.

I'm going to take a day or two to work with the game in Photoshop. The reason being, the VASSAL module is a major PITA.

I opened it up this morning just to have a look, and saw two Irdan units that were stunned by Imperial fire on Turn 1, were no longer stunned. In fact, one of the units just disappeared from the map.

Also, I don't have finite control over a lot of things...the storms, for example, are hard-coded into the module, as are the turns. I also cannot view counters easily. Those are not necessarily bad things at all, but they're annoying me for the purposes of this AAR.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

Quote from: bayonetbrant on June 28, 2017, 09:40:48 AM
Quote from: BC on June 28, 2017, 09:34:44 AM
???

my trooper - am I dead yet?

Oh...  ;D

No, not yet. Turn 1 was the Irdans entering the map and some troopers taking potshots. A few hits were made. But there's a lot more horde where that came from...the next few turns should get interesting.

As soon as I have time to re-build the map in Photoshop (which shouldn't take but a couple of hours), I can get back to it.

mirth

Barthheart

mirth