Han Solo Movie

Started by mirth, June 22, 2017, 11:36:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

JasonPratt

...my mind can't really process that. Uh, I guess he'll make the Falcon look like it's legitimately falling apart in space? "Chewie, we have a problem..."
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

Opie-Wan may the Force be with you.  :-"
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bbmike

Han yelling "Give me back my Wookie!"
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

JasonPratt

He could do a framework plot where an amazingly ill-informed scholar gets swept up in a conspiracy theory that Princess Leia didn't only kiss her brother.

:o

What's more real-life amazing, is that after picking a darling indie director for street cred about his 'vision' whom the producers thought they could bully around (which is the typical rationale for imaginative and talented low-end directors being given the keys to Godzilla-huge franchise staple/boots) -- and then after the director bailed due to the bullying -- the producers chose a veteran director with real and long-running sfx experience (including a respectable adaptation of another Lucas property) making big-budget films. That's a level-headed move.

(Worth noting: Gareth Edwards was eventually quasi-fired from Rogue One himself and a journeyman director hired on reshooting the film and script doctoring. No one of Howard's credentials by far, but this and Han Solo sure set a precedent. Try the cheap street-cred director we might control, then fire him if he rocks the boat too much, finish up with someone more reliable.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Sir Slash on June 22, 2017, 02:54:00 PM
Opie-Wan may the Force be with you.  :-"

You throw a lot of groan-worthy one-liners out there, SS, but this one made me LOL. Keep it up sir.  O0

Sir Slash

Why thank you BC. I could've thrown-in something extra about Andy Skywalker and Threepio looking like Barney's twin brother but no need to push my luck too far here. After all, I want to stay a Grog awhile longer.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

QuoteIn his now-infamous meeting with Billy Dee Williams, Danny Glover threw out a huge number of ideas and thoughts about the character of Lando Calrissian. According to Glover, after he said all that, Williams looked at him and said, "Yeah, I don't know about all that. Just be charming."

https://io9.gizmodo.com/billy-dee-williams-gave-simple-perfect-advice-to-donal-1797677889

Martok

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

mirth

After the Super Bowl teaser, I am very unexcited for this  :-\ It hasn't taken Disney long to reduce Star Wars to bland mediocrity. Each new movie raises my opinion of the Lucas prequels.

Think I'm going to find copies of the Brian Daley Solo books and re-read those.

jamus34

Quote from: mirth on February 05, 2018, 09:27:14 AM
After the Super Bowl teaser, I am very unexcited for this  :-\ It hasn't taken Disney long to reduce Star Wars to bland mediocrity. Each new movie raises my opinion of the Lucas prequels.

Think I'm going to find copies of the Brian Daley Solo books and re-read those.

Not sure about the increase of stature of the prequels. But it does start leaving me as "meh" for the series in general. Buddy of mine was saying just let it end. I was like no way, Disney spent billions on this, they are going to milk this cow dry.
Insert witty comment here.

mirth

Quote from: jamus34 on February 05, 2018, 10:42:52 AM
I was like no way, Disney spent billions on this, they are going to milk this cow dry.

Oh hell yeah.

mirth

Hard to imagine I would ever say this, but I am feeling burned out on Star Wars.

JasonPratt

It didn't have to be that way. Even with one new movie a year. I never felt burned out on the Harry Potter films, or with the Marvel films yet -- a key comparison since Disney has been running that franchise now for much longer than they've had the keys to SW.