Black Panther

Started by OJsDad, June 10, 2017, 08:27:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

He talked Sif into hiding it down her blouse.  And now it doesn't want to come back.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Staggerwing

Quote from: mirth on January 16, 2018, 11:30:58 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on January 16, 2018, 11:23:57 PM
In comics canon Falcon takes over as Cap; so my money is on that. And I'm okay with that, too.

Bucky does a stint as Cap in the comics.

As canonically ignorant as I am, I'd heard this as well. How so the comics handle Captain America with a Sovsteel arm?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

JasonPratt

Not for very long. ;) Falcon has been the official Cap now for a while.

(I don't recall for sure, but I think they either just painted over the star or had the arm covered up in the usual light armor.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

mirth

It could well turn out that Falcon (Anthony Mackie) becomes the new Cap, but both Bucky and Falcon have been Captain America in the books.

Captain America may not even be Captain America in Infinity War

http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/wait-did-chris-evans-just-confirm-he%E2%80%99s-playing-nomad-in-infinity-war
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

JasonPratt

Oh I expect he's playing a version of "Nomad", yep.

Now what's interesting is that Avengers 4 (which was originally going to be the second part of Infinity War) is about finished shooting! -- and Stark and Rogers are both definitely in it, but Stark has blonde hair and Rogers is wearing his Avengers 1 uniform.

We know from other leaks that the next Ant-Man film (now properly featuring the Wasp, incl in the title) will be introducing the multiverse, and Ant-Man features prominently in Av4, so...
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

mirth

Oh good, the multiverse. The excuse for anything happening  ::)
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Sir Slash

So he'll be called, "The Superhero formerly known as Captain America". Could work.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

Quote from: mirth on January 19, 2018, 05:04:06 PM
Oh good, the multiverse. The excuse for anything happening  ::)

Avengers 4: What If...?

(Well, the Watchers were officially introduced in GotG2 after all.)

Considering that there has been a lot of noise about Jackman reprising his role as Wolverine for Av4, a film that has almost finished shooting, I wouldn't be too surprised if this is how the Fox properties get re-introduced back home, so to speak. Fantastic Four? Explorers from the 1960s who enter the main MCU through a dimensional rift, quite classic as a theme for them (and they introduced the Watcher, too). Mutants per se might be a lot harder as they have such a huge cast. But one of the Infinity Stones (or some combination of them) might be used as an excuse to fold some version of their continuity into the MCU as though the history already happened in the MCU, while also retroactively explaining the goofy-ass half-continuity their films have been suffering for practically the whole run.

Sir Slash

So there's hope Prince Namor will show-up. Or Swim-up.

JasonPratt

And if Disney will just buy Legendary Pictures, they'll have the right to make an MCU adaptation of the 24 issue Godzilla miniseries from the late 70s. Ideally with the original Herb Trimpe designs (still used by Toho themselves for their own 'icon' trademark for Godzilla, btw!)

JasonPratt

(...that was originally supposed to have some connection to Namor, but then I got too distracted by the better possibilities involved...  :D )

Meanwhile, while I have nothing particularly against the Black Panther character, I have to confess I'm amused about how much this thread isn't about him or his movie. We must all be horrible racists and should be purged as deplorables etc.  :hide:

Sir Slash

Watch You Talkin' Bout Pratt? Race-ism is for Race cars round here. Underneath our white hoods, nobody can tell WHAT color we are.  :peace:

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Sir Slash on January 22, 2018, 11:15:18 AM
Watch You Talkin' Bout Pratt? Race-ism is for Race cars round here. Underneath our white hoods, nobody can tell WHAT color we are.  :peace:

Careful, Dave says (gasp) THE WORD many times, and everybody knows when you utter it it causes lemons to turn to farts and unicorns to die, so probably very NSFW:

mirth