Thor: Ragnarok

Started by Martok, April 10, 2017, 10:17:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Quote from: Tpek on April 11, 2017, 03:53:11 AM
Oh come on...
How did Hela destroy Mjolnir, it's indestructible.

While I noted that that was taken from the comics, the Nerdist has a better theory centered on the MCU developing story leading into the Infinity Wars. Namely, by that point Hela has found the Soul Gem.

Here's a highly drunk and/or allergy-medicined Jessica Chobot to explain

Seems like a legit explanation to me!  O0 :smitten:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

I think Thor does that to all women. That's why I don't let my wife watch them. I hope they don't just recreate Marvel canon for these films. I'd like to see something new and original to go with my popcorn.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

It's tough to decide if I love Jessica Chobot or Olivia Munn more.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Sir Slash

Who slurs their speech more?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Sir Slash on April 13, 2017, 01:48:58 PM
I think Thor does that to all women. That's why I don't let my wife watch them. I hope they don't just recreate Marvel canon for these films. I'd like to see something new and original to go with my popcorn.

So far they've verged off from canon quite a bit while nodding to the original stories. (Civil War being a recent high profile case in point.) Planet Hulk will only tangentially resemble canon; the same seems true of Ragnarok, which will be folded into the Infinity War storyline -- itself very different in setup so far from canon (and probably also in execution to come).

The basic theme so far has been: origins and characterization should be close to canon, otherwise just keep a taste of canon for flavor.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Martok

Quote from: JasonPratt on April 17, 2017, 10:58:51 AM
The basic theme so far has been: origins and characterization should be close to canon, otherwise just keep a taste of canon for flavor.
Agreed.  And I am perfectly okay with this. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

JudgeDredd

Man...Cate Blanchett all gothed up is extremely hot!

I haven't really bought into the Thor movies - but I'm watching it purely for that!
Alba gu' brath

Sir Slash

So Thor and Hulk become the new Hope and Crosby "The Road To..." movie? I'm NOT liking the sound of that. "Not Really a Comedy" sounds like a cooking show..... a recipe for failure. Leave my Thor alone DAMMIT!!!!

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

jamus34

Well I didn't see Spiderman yet however after the darkness of CA:CW and Dr Strange I'm OK if they switch gears a bit.

That said, I can't see how they can "soften" the destruction of Asgard and having the main antagonist being the god of death...I think there's too much heavy here to go completely Antman.
Insert witty comment here.

airboy

Sir Slash

I'm heading out to the theater right now to get the best seat. Don't none of you sit behind me and kick my chair. COME ON HULKIE! GET SOME!

Capn Darwin

It's looking so damn good. Can't wait to see it.  \m/
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

OJsDad

Quote from: Sir Slash on July 24, 2017, 10:58:15 AM
I'm heading out to the theater right now to get the best seat. Don't none of you sit behind me and kick my chair. COME ON HULKIE! GET SOME!

I'm going to wear my 10 gallon hat and sit in front of you.   :bd:
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.