MACE Charlotte November 2016

Started by airboy, June 09, 2016, 10:32:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

Have any of you attended MACE before?  I have a lot of family in NC and could also probably tie this into a business trip.

I like RPGs and games in general, and I finally have some time now that I've left academic management.

Past experience would be wonderful to hear.

bayonetbrant

I've been once, back when it was still in High Point, and had a great time.  The family that runs MACE are good friends (and former college roommates) of one of my best friends and his his wife.

It's not a wargame-heavy convention, but it's a lot of fun, with a bunch of RPG events, and very "family reunion" atmosphere with all the repeat attendees.  The company that puts on MACE (Justus Productions) does a lot of smaller game days all over NC during the year, too.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

airboy

If I don't have a business conflict I may go.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: airboy on June 10, 2016, 10:02:17 AM
If I don't have a business conflict I may go.

Depending on Bayonet Jr's soccer schedule, I might make the drive for a day and come say 'hi' while covering it for GH.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers