Star Trek series coming in 2017

Started by steve58, November 02, 2015, 11:29:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirAndrewD

Captain Killy! 

Excellent episode.  Stunned that they actually had a major connection and callbacks to Enterprise and Tholian Web. 

Really moved the show into a new frontier.   I still hate the visual decisions and think the show is a bit weaker for it, but I'm really liking it now.  Better than Voyager and Enterprise for me for sure.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

mirth

I wish they hadn't ended up where they did. I was hoping for something a little more original. And I'm wondering why there's no monitoring of the brig. Tyler's arc is exactly what I figured it would be.

Good episode though. Still liking the show. Captain Killy made me chuckle too.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

JasonPratt

Quote from: mirth on January 09, 2018, 10:53:17 AM
I wish they hadn't ended up where they did. I was hoping for something a little more original.

Mike was hoping that they did end up somewhere a little more creative.

[spoiler]Can I do spoiler tags?[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Oh good, I know how to![/spoiler]

[spoiler]Are you really sure you want to hear the theory?[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Mike's theory is that they haven't gone to the Mirror universe at all. Rather, the show has been set so far in the Mirror universe, and now they're in the more-or-less normal TOS universe.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Admittedly this is a wish-fulfillment theory, as he readily admits. "No, they're never going to do that." ;)[/spoiler]

[spoiler]But just in case: spoiler.[/spoiler]
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

bbmike

I might have to try binge watching the first few episodes of this for free. Don't know how far I'll make it.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

Quote from: bbmike on January 09, 2018, 11:13:17 AM
I might have to try binge watching the first few episodes of this for free. Don't know how far I'll make it.

Oh, you're going to hate it :P
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

GDS_Starfury

Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

bbmike

If I watch it you're likely to get a Prattian post from me like his Gundam one.  :buck2:
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

BanzaiCat

mirth

Quote from: bbmike on January 09, 2018, 12:33:07 PM
If I watch it you're likely to get a Prattian post from me like his Gundam one.  :buck2:

I promise not to read your post too.

mirth

BanzaiCat

I should watch this again. Only got through the first episode or two.

But Rick and Morty currently have my attention.

mirth

The last episode explained some things.

bbmike

Like how Jar Jar ruined Star Trek AND Star Wars?  ^-^
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

Sir Slash

Or how Spock's father started-out as a Romulan Bird-of-War commander. He must've been 'under cover'.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth