Main Menu

Endless Space 2

Started by tgb, July 30, 2015, 10:42:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayfer

Quote from: mikeck on January 28, 2018, 01:12:21 PM
Quote from: solops on January 26, 2018, 06:29:57 PM
Played ES1. ES2 looks like more of the same. I have no interest in the game mainly because of the battle mechanics... or the lack thereof. Jarhead pretty much nailed it.

I like the way the battles are resolved and am satisfied with being involved in the tactics by choosing how my ships fight and where they fly by choosing battle plans. Too each their own. It is ES1 with more little things and better older things. If you like the first one you'll like the second one. If you didn't like the first one you won't like the second one.

Watched some YouTube videos....once your plans are set and the battle starts you can do nothing but watch it play out.  Correct?

Pete Dero

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/endless-space-2

Sale for the next 24 hours : €13.59 (-66%)

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/endless-space-2-vaulters

Sale for the next couple of days : €9.12  (-17%)   

JasonPratt

Picked it up today
on a sale at Steam, along
with Endless Legend.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

solops

Endless Legend - now there is a game that I really like. I cannot figure out how they hit so many of the correct buttons on that one but missed with Endless Space.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Gusington

I have Endless Legend and both Endless Space games and am hellbent on giving them all the time they deserve soon.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Geezer

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Gusington

OK so I am 10 turns in on my very first campaign of Endless Space 2. Any recommendations on tutorial videos for getting my economy going? So much info in-game, it's overload...yet I am still clueless!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Ian C

Bought this in the STEAM sale. Glad I did. What a great game. I get that you choose tactics and let the AI do battle but that doesn't put me off. Really incredibly immersive and beautiful-looking game.
It reminds me a little of Dune and I like how it's set in the Endless Legend universe.

Trooperc7

Quote from: Gusington on February 13, 2018, 09:05:07 PM
OK so I am 10 turns in on my very first campaign of Endless Space 2. Any recommendations on tutorial videos for getting my economy going? So much info in-game, it's overload...yet I am still clueless!
The first hero you get, assign him to your home planet and chose economy skills for his upgrade. There will be time to upgrade his other skills  later. Concentrate on food and dust for planetary upgrades at first. Watch what you decide to upgrade because the dust costs it gives you are monthly accruals. Upgrade ships as often as you can afford to. Also, colonize other planets in the system as soon as you can and pay special attention to the strategic minerals you need for your ships....Shuffle your research often when you see things you know you will need very soon. Once you are able to go to level 2  colonies do so because with it you get spaceports and can move colonists to systems you need them.  I love the game!

Gusington

Thanks Trooper7. I hope to get back to it soon...huge beast of a game!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd