The Last Kingdom

Started by MetalDog, November 24, 2014, 08:31:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

Don't tell me.... Alfred finds a Gauntlet with 6 different gems in it.  :wow:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bob48

Quote from: Gusington on December 02, 2018, 09:04:50 PM
There's four seasons already??  :o

The current season is 3, although it seems that there may be a 4th at some point.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Just finished Season 3 and gotta say, "Gotta love it". Nice fight at the end which is where a nice fight should be. Hope there's a Season 4 before I go to Valhalla.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Staggerwing

An open-ended question I know, but how does this series compare to 'The Vikings'?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

MetalDog

I watched the first couple of seasons of, 'Vikings.'  'The Last Kingdom,' is told from the English side.  The hero is born the son of a Saxon lord, is taken by Vikings and raised by a powerful Dane.  He is adopted into the family and raised as a son.  Circumstances force our hero into the service of Alfred the Great.  I liked 'Last Kingdom,' better than, 'Vikings.'  My GF is the opposite.  LK has the action focused squarely on the Hero while I find the focus is more diffused in Vikings.  LK lacks one important thing, Lagertha!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Sir Slash

I agree with MD. Last Kingdom is better in every way except for the hot, Viking babes. Of course it being on Netflix allows a more 'TV-MA' type approach regarding violence and nudity but, the writing is also great. And the battles have a more authentic feel to them. Utred, the hero, is the Matt Dillon of his day. He always finds a way to beat the guy he's up against.