World War II Europe to Release Dec 1st, 2014!!

Started by rdockal, November 02, 2014, 09:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rdockal

Hello,

Based on the feedback we got from customers and the wargame community, we have finalized our plans.  We will release WWIIE on December 1st, 2014.

The game will be released without paper products for now, but will eventually have a registration card, Reference Card and Manual.  Cost of the game is $50 to download from Drop Box, and $10 for paper products when the game is complete.  Method of payment is paypal, check or money order.  No distributors until the full game is complete.

The Schwerpunkt web site will be modified to include these details soon.  There is no shipping and handling fees for download of the game from DropBox, just the $50.  Paper products will be sold separately at a later date, and will have a shipping and handling fee.

WWIIE has 51 scenarios now, and will eventually grow to 102.  The remaining scenarios will be made available through Schwerpunkt for free download to customers who have purchased WWIIE.  The game mechanics are complete, only the remaining scenarios need to be developed and tested.

Thanks,

Ron

PS The download from Drop Box is very easy.  When you supply me with an email address, Drop Box will notify you with a link to the area to where the WWIIEsetup.exe file resides and give you permissions to download.  Once the download is complete, then double click on the WWIIEsetup.exe file and it is a standard install from there.

Staggerwing

Great news Ron!

Don't forget to put a link to the Schwerpunkt site in your sig line...  ;)
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

rdockal

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

rdockal

Screenshots have been posted at http://sugarfreegamer.com/?p=83493

I also have some on the FaceBook page for Schwerpunkt PC Wargame

Ron

smittyohio

I know this is a silly question, but will the download version have a PDF version of the rules?

Ian C

I've never played a Schwerpunkt game before but this is a day 1 purchase for me. Can't wait!

Boggit

The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

rdockal

@smittyohio:  The rules and design notes are Help files and are accessible from the Windows menu.  However, the Design Notes are only filled in for the 51 scenarios that have been developed and tested.

BTW, we are taking orders for WWIIE at the Schwerpunkt web site.  Just click on the Purchase icon at http://schwerpunkt.wargamer.com/

Ron

magnus

" We have updated the Schwerpunkt web site, and are now accepting orders for World War II Europe.  Just go to the web site, click on the "Purchase" icon, then click on "Add to Cart" next to World War II Europe.  From there, just follow the instructions. "

Thanks,

Ron

http://schwerpunkt.wargamer.com/

rdockal

We had a little glitch here.  We have changed our web site so that orders for WWII Europe no longer has a shipping and handling fee.  We have deleted the orders we received.  If you were one of these, you will have been notified.  Please resubmit.

Now we are ready to accept your orders!

Thanks for your patience,
Ron

Sir Slash

Hey Ron. I see you're taking orders now but the game won't be ready for download until Dec. 1st. Is this correct? I got no problem ordering now, just not sure when downloading can begin. Thanks.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

rdockal

Taking orders now, but downloads will probably not start until December 1st.
Unless we get ready earlier.  No earlier than 11-28.

Ron

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: rdockal on November 18, 2014, 09:13:17 PM
Taking orders now, but downloads will probably not start until December 1st.
Unless we get ready earlier.  No earlier than 11-28.

Ron

Sounds like this game is getting close, down to any day now....never played any of the these games before, although was at one time very tempted by the Middle East game.....I certainly will be watching to see what people think about it and how it differs from all the other games like this out there.

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.