Intel Dump - Rumors and glimpses of stuff coming up

Started by bayonetbrant, October 13, 2014, 10:30:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

OJsDad

I'm really someone hasn't re-released GDS's WW3 games.  I think they're could make a nice little profit off of those. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

OJsDad

Or their Europa series.  I have some of those. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bob48

I played 'Fire in the East' and 'Scorched Earth'. Boy they were hard work.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Crossroads

Quote from: Barthheart on February 20, 2018, 02:03:41 PM
Quote from: Crossroads on February 20, 2018, 02:01:30 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on February 20, 2018, 01:40:50 PM
Just heard ball park price is $198 USD + shipping.  :o

Ouch... That + shipping + taxes  :buck2:

It's coming from Italy I believe so it should be cheaper for you, no?

Oh, that's right, missed that didn't I. I'll definitively keep an eye on this one, then. Looks a tad pricey, but, looks absolutely class as well.

Heading back to their site to look for a rulebook preview...
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Crossroads

Under an Iron Sky at BGG, more images there, including a full map

... and a good few playtesting images such as

Beginning to understand the price, now. Looks YUGE  :bd:

CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

mirth

mirth

bob48

'Clip those corners'

Crossroads

Quote from: mirth on February 20, 2018, 02:40:20 PM
Looks good. Still not convinced it's $200 good.

True. I'll probably dig into my S&T Fifth Corps instead, again.  :nerd:

bob48

'Clip those corners'

Crossroads

OJsDad

Just to point out, GMT's Red Storm: Air War Over Central Germany 1987, is $70, and it only covers the air war. 

I do agree, they should have broken Under an Iron Sky up into 2 or 3 games to help people with a smaller budget.