Jukebox Playlist

Started by Bison, February 07, 2013, 06:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

Martok

^  Nice.  Haven't listened to Talking Heads in a long time.  Good song.  O0 

Quote from: Emeraldlis on December 16, 2017, 07:41:11 PM
I've just thought of a mariachi band scene in a movie that i like, must people seem to hate this movie, but I love it  :smitten: a walk in the clouds, this is the music from the scene I really love....

I'll admit to enjoying A Walk in the Clouds as well.  Keanu's performance isn't bad, but it's the rest of the cast that really shines.  I liked Aitana Sánchez-Gijón as Victoria, and I felt Giancarlo Giannini's turn as her father was especially well done. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Bison

Emeraldlis

Quote from: Martok on December 16, 2017, 09:07:35 PM
^  Nice.  Haven't listened to Talking Heads in a long time.  Good song.  O0 

Quote from: Emeraldlis on December 16, 2017, 07:41:11 PM
I've just thought of a mariachi band scene in a movie that i like, must people seem to hate this movie, but I love it  :smitten: a walk in the clouds, this is the music from the scene I really love....

I'll admit to enjoying A Walk in the Clouds as well.  Keanu's performance isn't bad, but it's the rest of the cast that really shines.  I liked Aitana Sánchez-Gijón as Victoria, and I felt Giancarlo Giannini's turn as her father was especially well done.

Yayyyy... Finally! Someone who gets what a great movie this is  O0 And you're right, the cast make this movie special. Personally, I love Anthony Quinns  performance :)  I love how he sizes the whole situation up from the very beginning, and then just very calmly keeps everything together for everyone. I like keanu in the matrix flicks, but haven't watched them in ages! But I think he does a good job in this role to in this movie.

And I agree, I like talking heads too  :)
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

bayonetbrant

\m/  \m/ \m/ click to enlarge  \m/ \m/ \m/

If you're going to do a metal festival, go all out

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

It can't be a metal show.  Europe is there.  Hence, it's a cheese festival ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

mirth

Quote from: MetalDog on December 17, 2017, 10:35:58 AM

And if Brant goes, it'll be a Whine and Cheese Festival.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

BanzaiCat

Iron Maiden is definitely metal. Europe (the band), not so much.

And Limp Bizkit? Seriously?

MetalDog

Quote from: mirth on December 17, 2017, 10:37:42 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on December 17, 2017, 10:35:58 AM

And if Brant goes, it'll be a Whine and Cheese Festival.

:2funny:  :DD
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Martok

Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 17, 2017, 10:21:23 AM
\m/  \m/ \m/ click to enlarge  \m/ \m/ \m/

If you're going to do a metal festival, go all out

Damn.  Even with some of those groups not actually being "metal", that's an impressive line-up. 

Quote from: BanzaiCat on December 17, 2017, 10:57:18 AM
And Limp Bizkit? Seriously?
I like their sound, but even I classify them as "Whiny F***boy Rock". 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

bob48

Feast your eyes and ears!

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Emeraldlis

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

Holy crap...  it's amazing what you'll find on Youtube these days

These guys were in no way famous.  They were a college bar band in Austin back in the late 80s who had 1 "tour" around Texas and ended up playing a gig in Wichita Falls that some of my friends went to our senior year and brought back the tape.  Someone digitized a tune from an analog cassette from a nobody band from almost 30 years ago just to stick it on Youtube.

[yt]https://youtu.be/8LICrcMLjlY[/yt]