Main Menu

Rome II

Started by JudgeDredd, June 10, 2013, 04:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

Don't start THAT up again!  :knuppel2:   OK. Can't resist.  ::)   ACW: TW Using the Fall of the Samurai engine.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Martok

Quote from: Nefaro on December 05, 2017, 07:02:20 PM
The changes to Rome 2 itself aren't that big.

It's still pretty much Rome 2 patch 17 for the most part.  Which is a decent game after all those updates, and one I've played a good deal simply due to the period and variety of playable factions.  Attila has a better UI, though.
Agreed.  The "Power & Politics" update was essentially just another large patch, although a very welcome one.  I'm incredibly happy CA went back and gave Rome II some love.  (The Empire Divided DLC looks good too; I plan to get it once it goes on sale.) 

Quote from: Nefaro on December 05, 2017, 07:02:20 PM
Wonder what their next historical release will be...
Well CA already announced their first "Sagas" title, Thrones of Britannia (which I'm very excited about). 

If you're referring to their next major "Eras" game, however, then I haven't a clue.  The only thing we know for certain is that it *won't* be Medieval 3, as CA has already said their next Eras game is set in a period they haven't covered yet.  (I *am* willing to bet, however, that Medieval 3 is the Eras game they make after this next one.)  Personally, my first guess would be the Renaissance, but we shall see. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Gusington

Renaissance? From your keyboard to the gaming god's ear!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on December 05, 2017, 09:06:29 PM
^NO!

Medieval III.

I know how to settle this.

THUNDERDOME !!!!1

Gusington

Two dorks enter, one nerd leaves!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Sir Slash

One Nerd to rule them all,
One Nerd to find them.
One Nerd to bring them all,
And in his Binder bind 'em.  :nerd:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

I really wonder what my life would be like if I was not a dork.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

DORK LIVES MATTER!!!!!

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

I feel the need to kneel during a national anthem coming on

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

JasonPratt

^ Fake geek girls.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Martok

Crap, Carthage is as hard a faction as I remember it being.  I forgot just how scattered its starting territories are, and how that...complicates things when playing as them.  If anyone has useful tips/advice, I'm all ears. 

Current plan (still tentative), in rough order of priority: 

1.)  Beef up my forces in Iberia, and start conquering away.  Establish my main empire there (which I seem to recall is more or less what Carthage did historically).  Raise a second army in Iberia if I can afford it.  Speaking of which... 

2.)  Continue establishing/strengthening my maritime trade routes.  (Good for the treasury, and will also help with making friends.) 

3.)  Do not antagonize Rome more than absolutely necessary!!  Leave her allies alone (especially Syracuse), unless/until we're ready to face Latin wrath, and/or they take provocative action.   

4.)  Build up my navy.  Turn Sardinia and the Balearic Islands into fleet bases from which I can control the western Mediterranean. 

5.)  ? ? ? 

6.)  Profit! 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces