The "Uber" Command: Modern Air/Naval Ops Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, December 19, 2012, 03:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jomni

RyanE

There are a bunch of historical scenarios that come with the game.

RyanE

I am reading this book...

The Boats of Cherbourg: The Navy That Stole Its Own Boats and Revolutionized Naval Warfare.

It ties into the battle of Latakia which a very cool little battle for Command.  It also ties into a couple other new ones coming out.

I am pretty excited about this one.

mirth

Quote from: RyanE on October 05, 2017, 01:52:39 PM
I am reading this book...

The Boats of Cherbourg: The Navy That Stole Its Own Boats and Revolutionized Naval Warfare.

I read that a number of years ago. It was excellent.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

RyanE

More than any other game, I can translate real world military events to Command and get very plausible results. I can attempt it in others, but it always seems to be not quite what I would expect or have to jump through hoops to get an AI to react as expected.

Grim.Reaper

I may have missed it, but with this new expansion, are there any exclusive improvements/features included?  Or basically just the scenario pack?

RyanE

Its not out yet so there is no list of improvements.  I suspect it won't be as expansive in features as the last one. 

RyanE

Zulu1966

"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Kushan

Quote from: Zulu1966 on October 19, 2017, 09:25:08 PM
Quote from: Dimitris on October 09, 2017, 12:03:42 PM

Problems ?

Ian made a post over on Matrix that there is a delay, no eta, on the release due to an issue with steam.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play