The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameleaper

Buy The Seven Years War (1756-1763)  is 80% off £2.99 on steam

smithcorp

Graviteam Tactics Tank Warfare Tunisia and the Longstop DLC are both 75% off on Steam - great at those prices - $9.99 and $3.74 (USD).

Cyrano

Borderlands 2 and the Pre-Sequel are probably my most played games of the past six months.

Mind you, this is largely because my son is obsessed with it in the way I obsess about square buttons.  It is, however, the best story shooter since Half Life 2 and I love pretty much everything about it.  At this price, rock solid:

https://www.humblebundle.com/endless-rpg-lands-bundle?linkID=&mcID=102:59dc07c5e1b82937264776a9:ot:56cf843b733462ca8948c2ce:1&utm_source=Humble+Bundle+Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2017_10_10_endlessrpglands_bundle&linkID=&utm_content=cta_button

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Nefaro

DCS  Fall Sale

Up to 50% Off most of their modules until Oct 23rd.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/

Cyrano

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Philippe

For some reason linking another account to my Steam account makes me uncomfortable. 
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.

History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.

Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

Greybriar

Quote from: Philippe on October 20, 2017, 12:48:09 AM
For some reason linking another account to my Steam account makes me uncomfortable.

Me, too.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Cyrano

One just gets a Steam key and activates it, no?

Nefaro

Nefaro

Philippe

The Great Whale Road is part of the Halloween Steam sale, $11.99 until November 1.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/464830/The_Great_Whale_Road/

The sale coincides with the release from beta of several parallel story lines.  I played these about a month or two ago when they were still in development and they are a lot of fun.  Because the geography is pretty much the same in all the different branches, you get a little bit of the Age of Decadence effect of seeing the same story told from different perspectives.

At first blush this looks like a Viking game, and if that helps sales, so be it.  But it's really a pre-Viking game about the Dark Ages in Northern Europe.  And as far as I can tell it's the only game out there that covers this period (7th century) apart from the original Brytenwalda mod for Mount and Blade.

I prefer this to Expeditions Viking.  It's a simpler game with elegant art depicitions of sub-Roman Europe.  Combat is a bit abstracted, but it's not a bad system once you get used to it (you have to approach it in the spirit of SLA Marshall's theories about what really happens in small unit actions).

I have not played it since the beta branch went live, so I don't know which changes it ended up with, but it's still a fun game even if a constrained budget didn't allow for all the changes that were being considered back in August.
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.

History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.

Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

Pete Dero

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/total-war-warhammer   shows as € 14,99 to me (or -75%)    (Fanatical=Bundle Stars)

code FANATICAL10 should get you an extra 10%

More sales available in their Launch Sale : https://www.fanatical.com/en/latest-deals

Toonces

I've been holding out for some sort of Total War: Warhammer Commander Edition or something that bundles up some DLCs with the base game for one low, low price.

Anyone see that on the horizon?  I can wait for a Xmas sale, but $13.50 is pretty sweet.  The DLCs will drive that price way up, though, even on discount.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Cyrano

@Toonces:  That's near inevitable by my lights, but with TW:W II just out, I think the Holiday Sale is your earliest opportunity...

Nefaro

Quote from: Toonces on November 02, 2017, 04:39:23 PM
I've been holding out for some sort of Total War: Warhammer Commander Edition or something that bundles up some DLCs with the base game for one low, low price.

Anyone see that on the horizon?  I can wait for a Xmas sale, but $13.50 is pretty sweet.  The DLCs will drive that price way up, though, even on discount.

Not for both I & II plus DLC.

CA has been exceptionally tight with their sale pricing on TW:Warhammer. 

They openly stated their initial sales for TW:W bested anything that came before.  They're keeping prices high because it's been a hot seller for them. 

I expect they'll drop the sale prices on the Warhammer #1 during the holidays, to around 50% Off, in order to hook more people into the series.  However, the discounts of the DLC won't be as high, and Warhammer #2 stuff will remain at or near full retail for quite awhile.

These are only my estimations.  I think my fortune telling is solid, though.  :cowboy: