The Boulevard of Broken FRIDAY!

Started by bayonetbrant, March 23, 2018, 04:39:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuna

Quote from: JudgeDredd on March 23, 2018, 09:52:10 AM
Quote from: Ian C on March 23, 2018, 09:23:39 AM
I love this stuff. I grew up with these kits and some of my fondest memories are of my dad helping me make these. I remember him being impressed when I added camo to the Me 109 with some paint lightly brushed on a tissue for a mottling effect. The first two kits I got were the Airfix 1/72 Me 109 and Spitfire. I was also into the plastic soldiers and I once got the legendary D-Day gun emplacement set for my birthday.

I spent hours in my parent's back garden fighting epic battles. Great days. These days I do it on a PC. We are so lucky to have these virtual toys...
Yeah - my brother and I used to make them with my dad...though I reckon he generally made them...can't recall. As for the soldiers, I can't remember the scale, but we had loads. Used to dig pits and trenches over in the local park and throw pens at them to knock them over...great days.

Back then as a kid, you made models to play with. Lol sometimes the paint didn't even get to dry! Who else had Auroras Anzio Beach and Rat Patrol kits?

stolypin

Combat Mission Red Thunder
TOAW IV (Ardennes scenario)
Panzer Campaigns Stalingrad Gold (Jul 42 scenario)
Open Rails

and maybe..

Command Modern Air/Naval Operations - Shifting Sands (1964 scenario)

DoctorQuest

I'm going to try to dig into Steam and Iron this weekend. I need to get in some study time for my FAA written test as well.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Vintage Dude

I also put together plastic models when I was young. All WW2 ships, tanks and planes, including the Rat Patrol kit. Do you remember how weird you felt after inhaling the glue fumes for a few hours!!

Skwerl

JD - I been playing Project cars a bit and I find the steering wheel controls are ridiculously oversensitive.  Do you know an easy way to fix this so I don't have to burrow through 25 sub-sub-sub menus?  Sorry if this sounds lazy, but I recently spent a hellish couple of hours trying to set up the controls for Assetto Corsa, and I just don't have the intestinal fortitude to go through that again right now.

mikeck

Kingdom Come: Deliverance
Loving this game
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Arctic Blast

Fairly busy this weekend, but I might start up a Franchise Hockey Manager sim as the Carolina Hurricanes and try to turn them into...something. If I get the time, I'd like to get Spirit Island and/or Vast : the Crystal Caverns on the table, too.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Skwerl on March 23, 2018, 01:04:57 PM
JD - I been playing Project cars a bit and I find the steering wheel controls are ridiculously oversensitive.  Do you know an easy way to fix this so I don't have to burrow through 25 sub-sub-sub menus?  Sorry if this sounds lazy, but I recently spent a hellish couple of hours trying to set up the controls for Assetto Corsa, and I just don't have the intestinal fortitude to go through that again right now.
My steering wheel is fine. What I would say is EVERYTIME I go into the game, I have to go to the controls and configure the pedals and steering wheel. I have to do this in my F1 game too.

Basically, if I don't, the controls are over sensitive. Touching the brake locks the brakes for example. So either the first thing I do before going into a race or when I get there, I go to the controls and just configure the steering and pedals. Nothing else. I never mess with any other settings. Just doing that seems to make the game recognise the range of movement in the steering and pedals. It's almost as if without doing so, the game "assumes" a default range which is way off.

Aside from that, I can't help I'm afraid because I don't mess with anything else. I have an Logitech Driving Force wheel...nothing fancy.
Alba gu' brath

Skwerl

JD,

Thanks for the help!  I'll give that a try.

Tuna

Quote from: Vintage Dude on March 23, 2018, 12:45:12 PM
I also put together plastic models when I was young. All WW2 ships, tanks and planes, including the Rat Patrol kit. Do you remember how weird you felt after inhaling the glue fumes for a few hours!!

lol, I was an Alter Boy back then, and I remember passing out up on the Alter. My father attributed to the fact that I was working on models before Mass and had been around the glue too much!

MengJiao

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 23, 2018, 06:36:04 AM
Arma 3 testing out the new tanks dlc
Synthetik, which I'm still absolutely having a blast with
DCS 2.5 in honor of Igor's passing
Maybe something Combat Mission...if I can figure out how to reinstall Battle for Normandy

I've left my CM2 Normandy for the time being installed on its own ancient computer far, far away.  But this weekend probably mostly World of Warships.

Ubercat

Quote from: DoctorQuest on March 23, 2018, 11:40:41 AM
I'm going to try to dig into Steam and Iron this weekend. I need to get in some study time for my FAA written test as well.

Which test are you taking?
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Kushan

EUIV and Prepar3d will take up most of my gaming time, maybe with some Elite and CMANO thrown in somewhere.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Cyrano

@JH:  Very different than I expected, but not in a bad way.  Brutal difficulty and the run-and-gun of "Smash TV", &c., will get you killed really, really quickly.

Fun "pile of guns" factor and more tactically involved than we anticipated.

Liking it so far  O0.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Sir Slash

I am trying to fall in love all over again with Empire Total War using the Total Realism Mod and a little Pillars of Eternity thrown in for mindless monster killing. Along with the March Madness goings on.  Have a good one Grogs.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.