The Boulevard of Broken FRIDAY!

Started by bayonetbrant, March 23, 2018, 04:39:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

JudgeDredd

Now the rugby has finished, I will be able to do more gaming than I've been able to in the last few weeks.

I'm currently working on an Airfix 1/72 P-51D Mustang

and a Revell 1/72 P-47M Thunderbolt

They're built, I've just got masking to do and some manual painting before going for the airbrush, decals and matt coat.

As for gaming, I think I'll partake in some IL-2 Battle of Moscow/Stalingrad, F1 2017 and maybe a bit of Project Cars. If I can, I'd like to squeeze in OOTP 19 and I've recently reinstalled X3 Albion prelude

Enjoy your weekend everyone.
Alba gu' brath

Tuna

Hopefully some Total War Arena with Nef and Destraex again (fun last weekend). Maybe some League of Legends with my son. Not sure what else, have plenty of stuff from the Xmas sales that I haven't even touched.

HoodedHorseJoe

Probably not much gaming - I'm slowly working my way through some solo play of Pendragon: The Fall of Roman Britain. On the videogame side I'm going through an EUIV spell since the recent Immersion Pack just released.

Other than that though I have wedding stuff to do Saturday, and probably going to see my uncle for his birthday Sunday.
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.

Jarhead0331

Arma 3 testing out the new tanks dlc
Synthetik, which I'm still absolutely having a blast with
DCS 2.5 in honor of Igor's passing
Maybe something Combat Mission...if I can figure out how to reinstall Battle for Normandy
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Destraex

Quote from: Tuna on March 23, 2018, 05:05:21 AM
Hopefully some Total War Arena with Nef and Destraex again (fun last weekend). Maybe some League of Legends with my son. Not sure what else, have plenty of stuff from the Xmas sales that I haven't even touched.

That would be great. Although I am not sure I will be around at the right time this weekend.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Dammit Carl!

Busy week is leading into a busy weekend, but been having fun wrapping my mitts around Red Orchestra 2 and RO2: Viet Nam, so I don't see that changing up anytime soon.

The learning curve on the Viet Nam themed game has been interesting - for instance, I'm pretty sure the punji stakes laid out on the outside of some firebase we were assaulting (I was playing as NVA) took me out as I mistakenly dove for cover onto them.  Ooopsies.  And dealing with US's air power! Whew!

Crazy that when the Viet Nam action gets to be too much, I go back to WW2 to relax.  Weird.

Ubercat

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 23, 2018, 06:36:04 AM
Maybe something Combat Mission...if I can figure out how to reinstall Battle for Normandy

Good luck with that. I found that every time I took a hiatus from CM2 games of more than a couple of weeks I'd have to go through a long process to get them working again. I've washed my hands of BF's games until they do something about that ridiculous DRM.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Gusington

Call of Duty: Ghosts and Wargame: Red Dragon.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Ian C

Quote from: JudgeDredd on March 23, 2018, 05:03:21 AM

I love this stuff. I grew up with these kits and some of my fondest memories are of my dad helping me make these. I remember him being impressed when I added camo to the Me 109 with some paint lightly brushed on a tissue for a mottling effect. The first two kits I got were the Airfix 1/72 Me 109 and Spitfire. I was also into the plastic soldiers and I once got the legendary D-Day gun emplacement set for my birthday.

I spent hours in my parent's back garden fighting epic battles. Great days. These days I do it on a PC. We are so lucky to have these virtual toys...

Will be playing more HOI 4 with the new beta patch when it's released sometime today. Have a great weekend guys.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Ian C on March 23, 2018, 09:23:39 AM
I love this stuff. I grew up with these kits and some of my fondest memories are of my dad helping me make these. I remember him being impressed when I added camo to the Me 109 with some paint lightly brushed on a tissue for a mottling effect. The first two kits I got were the Airfix 1/72 Me 109 and Spitfire. I was also into the plastic soldiers and I once got the legendary D-Day gun emplacement set for my birthday.

I spent hours in my parent's back garden fighting epic battles. Great days. These days I do it on a PC. We are so lucky to have these virtual toys...
Yeah - my brother and I used to make them with my dad...though I reckon he generally made them...can't recall. As for the soldiers, I can't remember the scale, but we had loads. Used to dig pits and trenches over in the local park and throw pens at them to knock them over...great days.
Alba gu' brath

Cyrano

Synthetik with my son (this is JH's fault).  I bought two copies by the end of the Grogcast.

JTS Auerstedt

Jena KS

Playtesting X2

GLOOMHAVEN -- My wife, for the first time on your 22 years together, has insisted we play a game.  A little unnerving.

And I got hooked into another FoG2 tournament.  This one has gone completely South.  It's Romans vs. Gauls.  In one battle, we're both refusing to enter a marshy area and are plinking at each other with relatively limited missile units and a few light horses.  In the other, I am trying to turn legionaries and am discovering they are not fractionally as nimble en masse as a French 1805 line battalion.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

CJReich46

I'm off today.

I have been playing a bit of Stellaris.

Field of Glory II- Legions Triumphant

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Cyrano on March 23, 2018, 10:02:54 AM
Synthetik with my son (this is JH's fault).  I bought two copies by the end of the Grogcast.

LoL! That's awesome. Let me know what you think.

I knocked it a little during the Grogcast for not having gamepad support, but upon further thought, I think mouse and keyboard is far superior anyway. Aiming is very important and headshots are key. This will be hard to accomplish quickly with a gamepad.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Crossroads

Hanoi Rocks, now there's a blast from the past  :bd:

First (board)game session with Next War Poland set for next week, so some serious rules reading ahead. On computer side of things, not much this weekend I guess.
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY