Campaign Series Middle East 2.0 will be released tomorrow

Started by Crossroads, January 17, 2018, 12:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crossroads

Thank you for your kind comments, we're a relatively small team, means a lot  :hug:

Quote from: MikeGER on February 02, 2018, 12:16:37 PM

(after some time with the tutorial on choppers and also some familiarisation time spend on the "The long road home" scenario to find the map display setting that suiting me most)   

I hope you found a setting you liked. We've consciously sort-of overdriven the Options menu, hopefully something for everyone! There's a new Toolbar option to come out in 2.01, for an alternate color-coded Toolbar, where icon groups have their MERDC (because of course) camo color to make them stand out better  :nerd:
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Rayfer

Quote from: Crossroads on February 03, 2018, 10:43:49 AM
Thank you for your kind comments, we're a relatively small team, means a lot  :hug:

(after some time with the tutorial on choppers and also some familiarisation time spend on the "The long road home" scenario to find the map display setting that suiting me most)   

I hope you found a setting you liked. We've consciously sort-of overdriven the Options menu, hopefully something for everyone! There's a new Toolbar option to come out in 2.01, for an alternate color-coded Toolbar, where icon groups have their MERDC (because of course) camo color to make them stand out better  :nerd:

Great idea....now get it done!  :knuppel2:

Crossroads

Quote from: Rayfer on February 03, 2018, 10:48:36 AM
Quote from: Crossroads on February 03, 2018, 10:43:49 AM

Oh, it's done already, just need to have it out  O:-)

CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Crossroads

Quote from: Rayfer on February 03, 2018, 10:48:36 AM

From yesterday's 2.01 BETA build. I was actually worried a color coded Toolbar would become a major player, while its purpose is to sit there as available, but not shouting out.

I was asked already way earlier to do a colored one, but had refused for that reason. Now, the other team members practically pulled my arm to do this, and good thing they did. The concept of using historical camo themes for game color scheme was one of the better ideas I have stumbled upon, so as Middle East game was already using Brown drab and Sand from MERDC colors, having the other colors used in Toolbar worked very well imho.

Crossroads

Campaign Series: Middle East 2.01 UPDATE out now!

If you opted to download and install the Quick-Fix Update via JSGME be sure to deactivate that first (with JSGME). After that, download and run the official 2.01 Update installer from the link below.

QuoteORIGINAL:  Daniele

Hi everyone,

Campaign Series: Middle East has been updated to version 2.01!

You can download the update from HERE

Check out the full changelog below!

Errata
• When loading a Pontoon Ferry or Crewed Boat to an Engineering Truck, Unit List sidebar omits one of the units in the hex and shows a blank tile instead.
Enhancements
• Added a new frontend variant, Middle East no3D.exe, to run on low-powered systems.
• Added a new multi-colored game engine toolbar option (Options > Toolbar > Color).

Fixes
• Finished implementing the edmap Display > Map Hints feature.
• Set Options > Smooth Scroll to OFF by default.
• Fixed a bug where CycleSel #s > 12 were not saving/reloading properly.
• Adjusted the timeline defaults for EF III etc. (should not impact ME at all).
• Fixed a bug where changes in exit objective hex values were discarded on phase turnover, thus exit hex objective points were not recording properly.
• In the frontend random battle generator, company size engagements are no longer possible (fixing a possible crash if company size engagements were selected).
• Fixed a bug where, if PBEM no side replay were selected, the .bte file might be corrupted, and the game might crash.
• Crewed boats (and rafts etc.) were not loadable on engineering trucks. This has been corrected.
• In PBEM play, with side replay selected, Side B was shown Side A's private beginning-of-mission (Lua EE) briefing. This should no longer happen.
• Low probability AI reinforcements were always arriving with 100% certainty. This has been fixed.
• Fixed several CSEE issues (involving set_reinforcement_turn() in PBEM, and other bugs).
• Re-encrypted Platoon*.OOB files to fix a bug where previous *.OBX files missed the last line of each file.
• Bootcamp 4.lua event engine coding error fixed.
• Fixed a few typos in Unittext.txt
• Removed accented letters from *.OOB files that did not show properly in Organization Editor.

Graphics
• Added new 3D Minefield markers
• Color Coded Toolbar
• Provided a set of Unit Picture defaults with a background color that does not show in Unit Viewer like the previous Magenta background color did.
• Fixed the French DUKW unit graphics that had white artifacts

Data
• Added a correct Front End background music file xbackg1.ogg version.
• Added Grenade launcher sound files
Scenarios
• Added Leaders to Teaching Sets 1-5
• Fixed a AIW20.scn helo reinforcement to arrive at NoE air level.
• Fixed typos in Jerusalem48, Khanyunis56, and Khanyunis67 map files
• Added a missing commander entry to As_Suez73.org

Mods
• Added a set of 3D Alternate Bases mods for all nations by XLVIII PzKorp.

IICptMillerII

Crossroads, I have a few questions about Campaign Series: Middle East. How much terrain is simulated in the game? For example, is it possible to fight anywhere in Syria, or is it just the Golan Heights region? Is the Order of Battle editable? Would it be possible to create your own formations in the Order of Battle?

I have John Tillers "Middle East 1967" and I was wondering if Campaign Series: Middle East would provide me with a different experience. Currently, I am using John Tillers game as an operational layer for an upcoming project I'm working on for the release of Combat Mission Shock Force 2. However, if CS:ME can simulate what I need more efficiently than the Tiller game, then I would definitely look into purchasing it.

Thanks!

Jason Petho

Good day, IICptMillerII

QuoteHow much terrain is simulated in the game?

There are large base maps that covers the northern portion of the Sinai Peninsula (at 250m per hex)  for 1956, 1967 and 1973. There is also a base map of the Golan area.

Fortunately, the game does come with a full suite of editors, so one could create a map of the area that you require with the map editor.

QuoteFor example, is it possible to fight anywhere in Syria, or is it just the Golan Heights region?

There are a couple other scenario maps that depict areas further north into Syria, but there isn't a large base map yet for Syria. In the future, I hope! Currently we're working on Campaign Series Vietnam and all the mapping is focused on that for future scenarios.

QuoteIs the Order of Battle editable? Would it be possible to create your own formations in the Order of Battle? 

Absolutely! There is an Organization editor where you can create whatever order of battles you need. Keep in mind that the organizations span from 1948 to 1985, so there is a lot of potential for scenario creation.

On a side note, the 2.01 UPDATE was released yesterday.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Jason Petho

Campaign Series Middle East 1948-1985 : v3.00 coming 2024

Campaign Series Vietnam 1948-1967 : v1.30 released April 26, 2023

Campaign Series Cold War 1948-1985 : v1.00 coming 202?

Crossroads

Further on, I have both games, JTS Middle East'67 indeed is at operational level, while Campaign Series is at tactical platoon level. While both games boast an impressive OoB in them, Campaign Series does that at platoon scale, while depicting organizations all the way to Corps level.

In my humble albeit obviously slightly biased opinion, CS Middle East is worth the buy because of the OoBs alone. With some included nations, they go beyond the region, for instance Brits have BAOR included, how cool!  :)

mirth

Just installed the update. Thanks for the heads-up, Crossroad!  O0
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

IICptMillerII

Thank you Jason and Crossroads for taking the time to answer my questions. I am definitely considering using CS:ME, especially due to the fact that it comes with a map editor. Thanks again for the responses!

PS the AARs Crossroads has done of the game are very entertaining and interesting to follow, plus they are a great advertisement!

Crossroads

Quote from: mirth on March 22, 2018, 05:55:25 PM

The update should now be available via game launcher's UPDATE button too. Hope you guys enjoy it!

Crossroads

Quote from: IICptMillerII on March 22, 2018, 10:08:18 PM

PS the AARs Crossroads has done of the game are very entertaining and interesting to follow, plus they are a great advertisement!

I always look at AARs when considering buying a game, so no excuse for making a few myself as well. Glad to hear you have enjoyed them  :) 

mirth

Quote from: Crossroads on March 23, 2018, 10:08:11 AM

The update should now be available via game launcher's UPDATE button too. Hope you guys enjoy it!

I was having an FTP connection issue when trying to update through the game launcher. Instead, I manually downloaded the update installer and was able to run it without a problem.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Crossroads

Quote from: mirth on March 23, 2018, 10:10:55 AM
Quote from: Crossroads on March 23, 2018, 10:08:11 AM

I was having an FTP connection issue when trying to update through the game launcher. Instead, I manually downloaded the update installer and was able to run it without a problem.

That's how I prefer to do them too, to be honest. I like to have the installers downloaded and available, as I uninstall and reinstall stuff quite frequently  :cowboy: