Star Wars Battlefront II - PC

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 12, 2017, 05:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

I caved to the demands of my 9 year old son and bought Battlefront II for Xbox One. Undeniably, it is a beautiful game. He's currently working his way through the story mode, which I expect he'll have done before he leaves for his mother's this afternoon.

Then it will be my turn ;)
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

You did it for the children. Same reason I went to see Black Panther with my kids.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

I saw Black Panther this weekend with my kids.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

MikeGER

had bought Battlefront II for my inner child so ;)

Tpek

This is on a 60% off sale on the Origin website, so I'm actually considering it.

How is the Singleplayer/Offline aspect of the game these days?
According to Origin, you can play the game entirely with bots, and still get progression, yet according to some googling, you only get 1 tiny game mode (Arcade), with a few maps,
small scale battles and no vehicles of any kind for the bots mode.
(And no mixing real players and bots)

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Tpek on March 23, 2018, 01:50:40 PM

How is the Singleplayer/Offline aspect of the game these days?
According to Origin, you can play the game entirely with bots, and still get progression, yet according to some googling, you only get 1 tiny game mode (Arcade), with a few maps,
small scale battles and no vehicles of any kind for the bots mode.
(And no mixing real players and bots)

There's no progression from Single Player at all, and the mode is very limited.  You can get 1500 credits a day playing Arcade and sometimes there are daily challenges that are arcade based, but it's really just a practice mode. 

Good news is that the loot boxes are gone as of this past Tuesday.  All progression is now based on playing classes in mutliplayer.  Loot boxes only will have cosmetic items in them when they return.  The game now functions as it should've at launch and is no longer saddled with the arbitrary and random element that was its biggest downside. 

So, if anyone was on the fence because of the progression and loot system, now would be a good time to give it a go.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Tpek

I'll skip this one then.
I hate being forced to play MP with random idiots from the Internet.

I really miss the days of the old Battlefield and Battlefront games. :(

SirAndrewD

I'm afraid that AAA single player Star Wars games are dead as long as EA is holding the reigns of the franchise.   We need look no farther than what was done to Visceral Games for evidence of that.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Grim.Reaper

I got enjoyment simply out of the single player portion of the game, never even tried multiplayer.  Sure it is rather short and wasn't too hard, but I had a good enough time with it....although certainly wished I would have picked it up a little cheaper just for SP.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on March 23, 2018, 03:51:36 PM
I got enjoyment simply out of the single player portion of the game, never even tried multiplayer.  Sure it is rather short and wasn't too hard, but I had a good enough time with it....although certainly wished I would have picked it up a little cheaper just for SP.

DICE's partner on Battlefront 2, Motive, has said that they're adding more single player content to the arcade mode in the future.  So it's possible there will be more value to it in the near future. 

The Campaign while short is also kind of fun too.  The story's better than the gameplay, but it was a lot better than I expected. 

I guess it's a matter of taste.  I like MP and found little value in the Arcade, but a lot in the MP side.   Still, that's just me.  I like simple pleasures like butter in my as....er.....wait.   

mirth