Main Menu

Warframe

Started by Jarhead0331, August 18, 2017, 04:06:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Yskonyn on August 21, 2017, 10:33:35 AM
If we get at least two people online together we could start our Grogheads Clan in game. It will give us our own customizable base and research station! Pretty neat stuff!

Awesome! GH's space clubhouse!

I accepted your invite.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Yskonyn

Yeah aparently you will be able to research stuff in your clan station that is otherwise unavailable to obtain.
If you're available in an hour or so we could quickly set something up?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Yskonyn on August 21, 2017, 11:13:00 AM
Yeah aparently you will be able to research stuff in your clan station that is otherwise unavailable to obtain.
If you're available in an hour or so we could quickly set something up?

Nah. Middle of the day here. Hard at work for the man.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Yskonyn

Ok, I have an early shift so I'll be asleep when you get home.
I'll try and see if I can start one alone and invite you afterwards to activate the Clan.
First tier is Ghost Clan max 10 members.
Tiers are basically safety features to prevent clans with many members to outpace small Clans.
So for example, for Ghost Clans all construction and research is at base cost. The higher the Tier (and therefore size) of the Clan, the higher the multiplier for construction and research cost will get.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Jarhead0331

Is there a built in comms system? I have not heard anyone talking in any of my online matches.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Yskonyn

I don't know.

Its amazing really. That a small dev team is able to deliver this huge amount of content and have it polished and high quality in merely 4 years. Many AAA studios should take notice of Digital Extremes.

Yskonyn

Ok I was able to create a Clan and I have invited Jarhead, Jamus and Jason (tripple J's, yo!) .

Every Groghead is invited to join us! If you're on the fence, please take a look at this honest (in my opinion) and recent review of Warframe's current version:

(Please skip towards the 06:00 minute mark to avoid general banter and history of the author's other games choice)
Its free and you can easily play countless of hours without feeling the need to pay but a dime!
I am sure if we can muster a nice group of people across various timezones we will have a tremendously fun experience among friends!
If the game doesn't feature voice comms for fireteams (have to check this) we can setup a Grogheads Discord server afterall and enable voice comms this way. It would be fun to have live chat among Groggies as well for other things besides Warframe (or other games).

CptHowdy

downloading now. hope to give it a go later this evening.

Yskonyn

Shot you an invite CptHowdy!  :bd:

We need to get some Polymer to be able to craft the Clan key in order to access our Dojo. Will try to farm enough today.

Farmed enough, key is now under construction in my foundry. Will take 12 real hours to finish. Its now 12:32 local time here, so around midnight my time.

jomni

Wow this old game has evolved.  Maybe time to try it out.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Yskonyn on August 22, 2017, 04:00:34 AM
Shot you an invite CptHowdy!  :bd:

We need to get some Polymer to be able to craft the Clan key in order to access our Dojo. Will try to farm enough today.

Farmed enough, key is now under construction in my foundry. Will take 12 real hours to finish. Its now 12:32 local time here, so around midnight my time.

I'm building the key too. I'm assuming everyone in the clan needs to build their own key...?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

jamus34

Yup my key should be ready tonight.
Insert witty comment here.

Jarhead0331

Pretty crazy that it takes 12 hours to make a key that far in the future. I can go to Home Depot and have one made in 30 seconds.  :crazy2:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

jamus34

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 22, 2017, 06:29:26 AM
Pretty crazy that it takes 12 hours to make a key that far in the future. I can go to Home Depot and have one made in 30 seconds.  :crazy2:

But you can make a railgun in 20 minutes. I call that progress
Insert witty comment here.

Yskonyn

Well, you can Rush build it for platinum. Then all of a sudden it finishes instantly. Platinum aparently has some awesome traits in the future. ;)

Looking at the fairly low cost of the key I am not surprised everyone needs a key.