STEAM SALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by JudgeDredd, December 12, 2016, 01:14:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

When does it start (sorry for the bait title - I deserve everything I get)  :hide:
Alba gu' brath

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Tpek

Dammit Carl!

Ugh.  That's so far away and I want it* now!

* Not really certain what "it," is, but I'll know it when I see it.

sandman2575

Is there any reason to expect that this Steam sale won't offer the exact same discounts as the one that ended just a couple of weeks ago?

I have to admit, I don't really get why these big Steam sales are bunched so closely together, when there's nothing that really differentiates them anymore.

Geezer

Quote from: JudgeDredd on December 12, 2016, 01:14:21 PM
When does it start (sorry for the bait title - I deserve everything I get)  :hide:

Yes, you certainly are a master baiter.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

JudgeDredd

Quote from: sandman2575 on December 12, 2016, 03:45:02 PM
Is there any reason to expect that this Steam sale won't offer the exact same discounts as the one that ended just a couple of weeks ago?

I have to admit, I don't really get why these big Steam sales are bunched so closely together, when there's nothing that really differentiates them anymore.
Not really...no. Last year the sales were identical iirc.

But I survived the last one so I'll be buying *something* this one. Probably Doom and one or two others that escape my rather feeble memory.

Quote from: Geezer on December 12, 2016, 04:04:43 PM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on December 12, 2016, 01:14:21 PM

Yes, you certainly are a master baiter.
You have no idea  :P
Alba gu' brath

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

I've restocked my account with fresh steam cards.  Bring it on!
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Bison

I'm might actually get a game this year.  If Grim Dawn goes on sale for a deep discount, I'll most likely pull the trigger on that one.  I'm feeling an itch to play a good ARPG.

Gusington

Grim Dawn is good and cracks open into a wider world after the first act IIRC. Until then it felt a little claustrophobic to me.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Bison on December 12, 2016, 10:13:10 PM
I'm might actually get a game this year.  If Grim Dawn goes on sale for a deep discount, I'll most likely pull the trigger on that one.  I'm feeling an itch to play a good ARPG.

I've seen it regularly going for about 50% off over the past couple months, in various places.  I think one retailer was actually giving it away as a buy-something-get-free deal a short time ago.  So I'd expect it to have a good discount during the sale.

I've enjoyed playing Grim Dawn but I have one problem with it.  The framerate always drops down below more preferred 40fps minimum whenever I move my character.  Doesn't matter what gfx settings I use, or even how powerful a computer/gfx card I'm using it on.  It's just enough to notice the framerates get just a bit choppy, and gives me a bit of a headache after a stretch of hacking & slashing & running.  Something at issue with the optimization, and Crate has never addressed it despite the complaints.

The framerate loss doesn't bother everyone, so  you may be fine with it.  Still playable for me anyhow.

jamus34

Quote from: Nefaro on December 14, 2016, 07:28:39 PM
Quote from: Bison on December 12, 2016, 10:13:10 PM

I've seen it regularly going for about 50% off over the past couple months, in various places.  I think one retailer was actually giving it away as a buy-something-get-free deal a short time ago.  So I'd expect it to have a good discount during the sale.

I've enjoyed playing Grim Dawn but I have one problem with it.  The framerate always drops down below more preferred 40fps minimum whenever I move my character.  Doesn't matter what gfx settings I use, or even how powerful a computer/gfx card I'm using it on.  It's just enough to notice the framerates get just a bit choppy, and gives me a bit of a headache after a stretch of hacking & slashing & running.  Something at issue with the optimization, and Crate has never addressed it despite the complaints.

The framerate loss doesn't bother everyone, so  you may be fine with it.  Still playable for me anyhow.

I noticed this too...when I got my new monitor running 1080P.

Old and busted worked fine.
Insert witty comment here.

Bison

Huh...good to know.  I'll have to some research on this issue before I purchase the game.