Meanwhile in Yemen

Started by LongBlade, January 21, 2015, 10:28:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staggerwing

Quote from: mirth on October 12, 2016, 02:57:51 PM
What the hell are these idiots thinking going after a Burke?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-navy-destroyer-again-targeted-missiles-yemen-u-175236613.html

They may regret the choice when we start launching Tomahawks in return.

That may have been the point. Certain outside actors might like to see the US get into another whack-a-mole quagmire right about now while they seek preferred outcomes closer to home. Who know what machinations were made to get the attack to happen. Hey, it could even be Saudi Arabia itself that made a secret deal because it wants to head off 9-11 lawsuits and get blocks on inbound US arms exports lifted by getting us into the fight there.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

Likely Iran dicking around through it's proxies. What does Iran care if a few Houthis get smoked by cruise missiles? And the Iranians get a weapons test out of it.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mirth

Gusington

Whirling dervish dinghies.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Nice of them to provide us with some practice targets.

Sir Slash

Even that'll be enough to scare Obama away.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Boggit

Funny (not really) that the Saudi's get a pasting in the press for their bombing of civilian targets, yet their proxy war in Syria supporting Islamist rebels and IS gets hardly a mention although their proxies are a very good reason why the West has well justified reasons for not getting involved, other than diplomatically in Syria.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

mirth

The Houthis launched  a Scud-like missile at Riyadh and the Saudis shot it down.

https://theaviationist.com/?p=45727

BanzaiCat

mirth

Sir Slash

Houthi-hell do they think they are? Sure they didn't pull that one off by themselves.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

CptHowdy

UN sanctions. That will show em  ::)

Centurion40

One of my son's best friends (on the right in the attached photo, dressed as Albert Einstein for Halloween... my kid is Master Chief) moved to Saudi Arabia in the summer.  I feel terrible for the kid.  He's a good kid, smart, kind, polite and funny. He lived here in Nova Scotia from Grade 3 to the end of Grade 8.  His parents are Saudis, his dad was here going to university.  As far as I know, the kid (Abdusalam) is Sunni.  His dad seemed a bit freaked-out for their first Halloween, but Abdus and his brother loved it.  I don't know how the dad felt the year that Abdus went out as Einstein.  So now the poor bastard (who was in total denial about the brutal and restrictive nature of the Saudi regime) not only has to deal with greater restrictions on his day-to-day life, but now also has to deal with rocket attacks.
Any time is a good time for pie.