Main Menu

Travellers

Started by Ubercat, April 22, 2018, 09:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ubercat

Is anyone watching this Netflix original series?

The premise is that people from a dystopian future are traveling back to the present day to save us from ourselves and consequently cancel the awful circumstances that they came from. My wife and I figured with a basis like that, it had to be either really bad or really good. We decided to give it a chance and we're hooked. The acting and writing are great and each episode leaves us craving the next.

Best dialogue so far:

"So how many bottles of wine do you have to drink to get blackout drunk anyway?"

"I have no idea. I only do heroin."
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

bbmike

I added it to my list a while back but haven't watched it because I figured it would be horrible. I'll have to watch the first episode.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Barthheart

We've been watching it and are waiting for the next season to start. They gone in some very interesting directions with the plot ... gotta love time travel twists..... ;)

bayonetbrant

haven't started it yet, but it's on my short list :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Nefaro

Watched a few episodes, then got side-tracked with some other series.

It was interesting enough to keep watching, and passed my three episode test - which is where I left off.  Obviously wasn't yet pulled into it enough, however, to continue at the expense of others.  *shrug*

Sir Slash

I'll give it a look-see.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.