Main Menu

TrackIR Profile?

Started by Nefaro, November 13, 2017, 04:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Who said they had a TIR profile to share?

I'd like to check it out if you'd be willing to send it. 

The ones I personally tweaked over the years worked okay.. until after months away.  Now it doesn't seem to be comfortable anymore.  Always sumthin!  :crazy2:

Anyway.. I'll PM a contact email if you show up & volunteer.  :)

Yskonyn

I have one for BMS and DCS.
The BMS one seems to be quite popular. Haven't heard much feedback from the DCS one.
Contact me with your email address and I'd be happy to send it.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Father Ted

I use the same one for everything - RoF, BoX, IL2 '46 and CloD.  It's slightly modified version published by a chap called Requiem over on the RoF forums.  As with Yskonyn, happy to share.

Nefaro

PM'd both of you.

Thanks for the assistance. 

Hopefully one of them will save me from my constant second guessing and re-tweaking.  :)

Tuna

Always hate when you get those profiles were the view starts flipping madly when you look down. But some times that's due to the sensor positioning (because it's losing touch with the reflectors).

I miss RoF.. we should do a grogheads night sometime!

Nefaro

Quote from: Tuna on November 15, 2017, 05:09:42 PM
Always hate when you get those profiles were the view starts flipping madly when you look down. But some times that's due to the sensor positioning (because it's losing touch with the reflectors).

That means your TIR detector isn't positioned well. 

Had the same issue until I repositioned my monitor (put some books under it to raise it up higher) and angled the sensor to a better direction.  Almost never flips out now.

I miss RoF.. we should do a grogheads night sometime!

I enjoyed ROF but it's been so long I would be starting over again.  Still haven't had the urge to do that yet.  :hide:

Come to think of it.. I last stopped when they did the UI update.  The one that wiped all my damn keybinds.  :tickedoff:

Nefaro

Thanks to whomever sent me a TIR profile.  :bd:

Will check it out when I fire up a sim.

Yskonyn

Ah shoot, totally forgot. I will send it asap Nef
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Father Ted

Quote from: Nefaro on November 19, 2017, 10:27:49 AM
Thanks to whomever sent me a TIR profile.  :bd:

Will check it out when I fire up a sim.

'Twas I - hope it works for you

Yskonyn

Sent now. Hopefully you have enough material now to compare and play around with.
O0

Nefaro

Quote from: Father Ted on November 19, 2017, 12:30:57 PM

'Twas I - hope it works for you

Quote from: Yskonyn on November 19, 2017, 02:43:55 PM
Sent now. Hopefully you have enough material now to compare and play around with.
O0

Awesome.  Thanks again guys!   \m/

Hopefully your profiles will give me a different approach to the graphs, using others' eyes.  My own adjustments keep leading to the same kind of curves, but there's always something about them I'm not quite happy with.

Nefaro

That newer profile you made for DCS, Yassy, is great.  Needed almost no personalized tweaking on my part.  O0

Thanks again, everyone, for sharing.  :hug:   May end up using differeone ones in other flight sims since the performance tends to vary between games.

Tuna

Quote from: Nefaro on January 14, 2018, 08:12:56 PM
That newer profile you made for DCS, Yassy, is great.  Needed almost no personalized tweaking on my part.  O0

Thanks again, everyone, for sharing.  :hug:   May end up using differeone ones in other flight sims since the performance tends to vary between games.

Come to IL2!!!!!

Yskonyn

Glad it suits you! And thanks for the feedback!  \m/

Nefaro

Quote from: Tuna on January 14, 2018, 10:52:02 PM

Come to IL2!!!!!

The urge just hasn't hit me to fly those old props.  I fear that by the time it does again, I'll need to pick up Battle of Kuban just to have competitive aircraft to fly in MP.  :-\

On the other hand, my third sortie in the Su-27 netted four kills in one multi-player furball.  Slow & low, toe-to-toe death blossom.  Knocking the rust off quickly in the Flanker, and enjoying it.  :coolsmiley:  Now if I could only improve at the MiG-21 that quickly.  Should be easier after v2.5 comes out, in the spotting department at least.  So more DCS likely if something else doesn't pull me away, such as TWW Mortal Empires.