Neverdark - announced on Matrixgames

Started by CJReich46, March 04, 2019, 03:33:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CJReich46

Looks like we got another Post-Apoc - but it has diplomacy, politics, and tactical combat.

http://www.matrixgames.com/news/2797/Neverdark.has.been.announced!
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Millipede

Wow! In my mental image it looks fantastic. Fingers crossed.

IronX

"Where the fate of humanity is in the hands of good-looking young adults with backpacks..."

-budd-

Quote from: IronX on March 04, 2019, 06:53:47 PM
"Where the fate of humanity is in the hands of good-looking young adults with backpacks..."

I had to go look if that line was in the Advertisement, but after looking at the trailer i can see you came up with that on your own ;D. Not a big fan of trailers without any game play shown.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Boggit

I've seen some
interesting screenshots, one of which really got me intrigued being based on real world maps... Sorry it's an attachment, but I haven't figured out how to insert images... any advice gratefully received! O0

The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Tpek

It certainly looks interesting. Thanks for the heads up!

Pete Dero

The Neverdark presentation starts around minute 24 in the video.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Boggit on March 04, 2019, 09:49:10 PM
I've seen some
interesting screenshots, one of which really got me intrigued being based on real world maps... Sorry it's an attachment, but I haven't figured out how to insert images... any advice gratefully received! O0

Left-click the button that looks like a little mona lisa under the B(OLD) button. It spawns a {img}{/img} code in your text (except square instead of fancy brackets of course). Your .jpg link goes into in between the codes {img}like this{/img}.

That only works for a link, though, like to Photobucket or Imageshack, where the image is stored. If the image is stored on your computer, you're doing the right thing already: uploading it to your post as an attachment.  O:-)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

joram

Watched about 10 mins of presentation.  They are not really seeing it if you ask me.  Sounds like the have a trick they are trying to build a game around vs having a game idea to begin with.  Happy to be wrong

Boggit

Quote from: JasonPratt on March 05, 2019, 03:54:57 PM
Quote from: Boggit on March 04, 2019, 09:49:10 PM
I've seen some

Left-click the button that looks like a little mona lisa under the B(OLD) button. It spawns a {img}{/img} code in your text (except square instead of fancy brackets of course). Your .jpg link goes into in between the codes {img}like this{/img}.

That only works for a link, though, like to Photobucket or Imageshack, where the image is stored. If the image is stored on your computer, you're doing the right thing already: uploading it to your post as an attachment.  O:-)
Ahh. That makes sense. O0
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Yskonyn

Quote from: joram on March 05, 2019, 05:59:57 PM
Watched about 10 mins of presentation.  They are not really seeing it if you ask me.  Sounds like the have a trick they are trying to build a game around vs having a game idea to begin with.  Happy to be wrong

Good point. Yeah that was what I felt as well.
I also hope that turns out to be a wrong assessment.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

mbar

Aaaaaaand it's gone. I had it on my wishlist but it's discontinued now. I wonder what happened.

Ian C

-budd-

Never noticed it left. Had it on my wishlist also, was intrigued enough by the features to give it a look. Added it to my Steam Wishlist.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.