Civ VI: Rise and Fall expansion

Started by RedArgo, November 28, 2017, 10:38:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedArgo

New expansion due out in February.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/11/28/civilization-6-rise-and-fall-expansion-details/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+RockPaperShotgun+%28Rock%2C+Paper%2C+Shotgun%29

Looks interesting, but I just haven't been able to get into Civ VI for some reason.  Played a ton of all the rest.  Maybe this will change that.

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Barthheart

Anguille

I haven't played a lot of Civilization VI yet and i have to say that the map gets crowed way too soon with the new System. Oriental Empires is a lot more what i want from a Civilization type of game. Also the bad grachics of the Units is a turn-off (especially compared to Civilization 5 and Oriental Empires). I have started my first campaign of Civilization VI so i'll see where this is leading me.

However i think i will get this Expansion, looks nice and it should improve the base game.

bbmike

Quote from: Anguille on December 01, 2017, 04:11:00 AM
I haven't played a lot of Civilization VI yet and i have to say that the map gets crowed way too soon with the new System. Oriental Empires is a lot more what i want from a Civilization type of game. Also the bad grachics of the Units is a turn-off (especially compared to Civilization 5 and Oriental Empires). I have started my first campaign of Civilization VI so i'll see where this is leading me.

However i think i will get this Expansion, looks nice and it should improve the base game.

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

Steelgrave

That pic is how I always picture Donald Sutherland now. I pose and make that face for my grandsons often, keeps them on edge   8)

Anguille

Quote from: bbmike on December 01, 2017, 08:10:42 AM
Quote from: Anguille on December 01, 2017, 04:11:00 AM

Ehm...not good?

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

joram

I've always been a Civ fanboy but I too have trouble getting into VI.   I chalk it up to too much going on but then somehow find the time to play other things so I just think it's Civs fault.  :)

bbmike

Quote from: joram on December 01, 2017, 06:08:57 PM
I've always been a Civ fanboy but I too have trouble getting into VI.   I chalk it up to too much going on but then somehow find the time to play other things so I just think it's Civs fault.  :)

-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

RommelFox

I'm a Civ fan but I've been hesitant over VI.  I liked some things about V, but the fact that V was so limiting on the number of cities you can build really killed it for me.  I know VI has the districts, so maybe that feeling of only a small handful of cities is somewhat alleviated?

I've also hear the ai is pretty bad?

Civ III and IV are my current favorites of the series.
My ancient Egypt site:
Gods and Pharaohs

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bbmike

-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

Gusington

I loved Civ V but the cartoony look of VI I still what turns me off.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd