Have some popcorn this FRIDAY!

Started by DoctorQuest, October 11, 2019, 01:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoctorQuest

Or if you prefer something a little more modern....

I guess I didn't see a FRIDAY post yet.....

In honor of my office's tradition of having popcorn on Friday afternoons.............................

This weekend may not be much gaming. I had to work most of last weekend so I need to prioritize family.

ENJOY!!!!
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

JasonPratt

Good Lord! -- I know I've gone all day forgetting it's Friday, but I didn't expect to see the Friday thread utterly desloate at around 2pm CST!?

Anyway. Last call up for the next FoGEmp multiplayer game, BARBARIANS ARISE: http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=23872.0

We'll be starting this weekend sometime (unsure when, partly because I've never set up a FoGEmp mp game before...  :-" ), and there are three team slots remaining: Central/Eastern Europe (presumably Goths plus someone else); North Africa Numidians (featuring Numidia and their Massasaelian brothers); and the Gates of Spain (Aquitaine and Emporia on either side of the mountains).

The link above goes to the thread's first post, which shows current teams and also has links to where the maps are listed.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

Playing some more Vampyr and Spellforce III. I think Immortal Realms: Vampire Wars is released today too so following that.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Martok

I'll be playing Field of Glory: Empires, of course (both my Bactrian campaign and the MP "barbarian" game).  Am also playing Dominus Galaxia, and possibly some Warhammer 1: Total War (I'm feeling a big Dwarvish at the moment). 

Quote from: Gusington on October 11, 2019, 01:56:23 PM
I think Immortal Realms: Vampire Wars is released today too so following that.
I just heard about this one over at the Explorminate site.  Looks like it could be good.  I'll be interested in your take (whenever you get around to playing it).  :) 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Gusington

^Just poked around Steam and the interwebs and it doesn't appear to have been released...yet :/

Quick search still says today, so...

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Moreb

Got out of working another Saturday because I may be coming down with something. I am just going to relish being a couch potato for a change.

MMMMM Potato and relish

I am expecting a large update in Mius Front. Sadly, I've put my boardgame learnin' on hold until I can actually dedicate some time to it. FitL is not something I can do half-assed.
When dongles fly? - mirth

Sir Slash

Something Combat Mission Comes This Way.  <:-)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Moreb

When dongles fly? - mirth

Anguille

Didn't realise the song wasn't from Jarre (or just forgot it)!  :dreamer:

Still on the road with my netbook (Legoland in Germany with my children). So some Star Ruler and Civilization IV Warlords. When i come back, i'll start a new game of Fields of Glory Empires with the new patch.

RommelFox

Some OOB and Squad Battles Soviet Afghan War :D
My ancient Egypt site:
Gods and Pharaohs

-budd-

Some 7 days to Die, alpha 18 just released, time for a new start in vanilla until the mods catch up. A bunch of new stuff in alpha 18, it a big update. Throw in some Close Combat the Bloody First with the latest update and that should cover it.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

MengJiao

Strela

Quote from: Anguille on October 12, 2019, 01:15:21 AM
Didn't realise the song wasn't from Jarre (or just forgot it)!  :dreamer:

Still on the road with my netbook (Legoland in Germany with my children). So some Star Ruler and Civilization IV Warlords. When i come back, i'll start a new game of Fields of Glory Empires with the new patch.

Legoland in Germany is awesome. I was there in July.

I'm an Aussie living in Singapore and Malaysia Legoland is definitely a poor Cousin to Germany....!

David

Ps RommelFox currently working on the updates for all the Squad Battles titles including Soviet Afghan War...

RommelFox

***squeeeee*** in a deep and manly way.   That's exciting!  I was hoping with all of the gold updates that squad battles was getting some love.  Glad to hear this is the case!
My ancient Egypt site:
Gods and Pharaohs

Destraex

Got me a HOTAS Warthog. Am impressed by the throttle but the stick seems a little off. Curves to the left as I bottom out pulling up and curves to the right as I bottom out pushing forward. My Cougar seems to have a few advantages over the warthog as well. The gimble in the warthog seems very exposed for instance where the cougar has a rubber dust cover.

As always the weekend is already underway here.
So I am testing the stick in DCS and Star Citizen at the moment. Even with no wind all my ww2 aircraft pull left. Torque obviously as the engine spools up :)

Played some sins of a solar empire with a few mates. That game still rocks.

My first landing in the p51. No study and no mapping the warthog. She has damned sturdy landing gear

Second landing. No rudder plugged in or trackir yet... but it worked.

Some of my friends of mine love changing the planet and ship names in sins of a solar empire

Some ultimate admiral. Trying to defeat a lone BB with DDs or torpedoe boats. It aint working well even with the best tech and smoke.

Tried a random forces and map game of combat mission with a mate. He ended up with 20 or more German scout cars with 20mm. I ended up with a whole lot of commonwealth troops with about 5 piats amongst them. It did not end well.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"