The Great, White Winter of 2017

Started by MetalDog, January 05, 2017, 11:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Here in Florida we try to build 'Sand Goblins'. It just doesn't have the same effect.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

Quote from: Sir Slash on January 16, 2017, 07:50:06 PM
Here in Florida we try to build 'Sand Goblins'. It just doesn't have the same effect.

Star seems to enjoy them.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

^You're thinking of the dreaded 'pantolones de dende.'

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Arctic Blast

Above freezing all week this week. Nice to be out on the ramp in a hoodie in January.

airboy

It was so warm in Alabama this week I pressure washed the front steps, brick light posts, and the front walk.

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Arctic Blast on January 17, 2017, 10:06:55 PM
Above freezing all week this week. Nice to be out on the ramp in a hoodie in January.

I remember days of sideways rain and below freezing temps, with four layers of clothes...the best piece of clothing in my United wardrobe was my all-weather jacket. I still have it because it's so awesome. I rarely if ever need to use it these days, but when I do...

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 18, 2017, 06:28:57 AM
I rarely if ever need to use it these days, but when I do...

you drink Dos Equis?
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

BanzaiCat

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on January 18, 2017, 11:57:21 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 18, 2017, 06:28:57 AM
I rarely if ever need to use it these days, but when I do...

you drink Dos Equis?

That beer sucks without a lime. Tastes GREAT with lime, but otherwise...barf.

bayonetbrant

We had a high in the mid-seventies yesterday. Windows open fans blowing
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Emeraldlis

Quote from: airboy on January 18, 2017, 12:21:23 AM
It was so warm in Alabama this week I pressure washed the front steps, brick light posts, and the front walk.

Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 19, 2017, 08:04:35 AM
We had a high in the mid-seventies yesterday. Windows open fans blowing

I hate you both  ;D  :P  the sun is shinning today , but it would be warmer to swim in an ice cold lake ....at least the shivering from the hypothermia would warm me up   :bd: it's more than the sun is doing right now , lol , enjoy your multiple seasons in one week guys , snow one minute .....warm sunshine the next ....it's just .....it's just not fair , lol ,  :)
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

Sir Slash

84 Degrees in my Florida back-yard right now with sunshine and birds singing. It's great to sit and look at. Because in Florida, you sure can't go anywhere for all the Snowbirds on the road. They flock to Wal-Mart in the morning and 'Early-Bird Specials' in the afternoon.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MetalDog

41 and 75 are virtual parking lots from January through March.  I read a stat ~25 years ago that said Fort Myers went from a town of ~50,000 in the summer to ~500,000 in the winter.  And forget trying to get to any of the beaches: Bonita, Ft. Myers, Sanibel, Longboat Key, etc.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Sir Slash

Too true MD. But despite the complaining, which is a Native Floridian Right, they support so many people's jobs and salaries, including mine, they're a blessing to us all. And some aren't too bad to actually, you know, be friendly to. To a limit of course.  :peace: