Tanks!

Started by bayonetbrant, February 18, 2013, 08:51:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windigo

oh yeah....

her optics were superb

she really was an "Easy-8"

My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

GDS_Starfury

what made it easy?  the length or the girth?
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Windigo

My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

mirth

French Char 2C Alsace, Super Heavy Tank.

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

M46 Patton next to an IS-3

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Staggerwing

The IS3 turret looks crowded as all hel but gives a nice armor slope thickness advantage compared to the early-model-Patton.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

M1 autoloader concept

mirth

Merkava IV with engine and turret side armor module removed.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: mirth on April 14, 2014, 01:12:06 PMM1 autoloader concept

designed by someone that's never had to pull maintenance on a tank before - give it more moving parts to break and take away 25% of the available hands to work on it?  ::)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on April 14, 2014, 02:27:22 PM
Quote from: mirth on April 14, 2014, 01:12:06 PMM1 autoloader concept

designed by someone that's never had to pull maintenance on a tank before - give it more moving parts to break and take away 25% of the available hands to work on it?  ::)

Oh I understand why it's not a good idea. I just found the graphic interesting.

Staggerwing

Also, I could be wrong but I'd heard somwhere that an experienced human loader was faster than any of the autoloaders that have been used on MBTs up to now.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

Quote from: Staggerwing on April 14, 2014, 06:41:56 PM<br>Also, I could be wrong but I'd heard somwhere that an experienced human loader was faster than any of the autoloaders that have been used on MBTs up to now.<br>
Yes. I believe that is correct. The Soviets used them because it meant one less trained crewman to provide for each tank. I wonder if as they develop a smaller professional force, the Russians will move away from them.

Airborne Rifles

The Russians are actually moving to a completely unmanned turret for their next generation MBT, the ARMATA or T99.

mirth

Quote from: Airborne Rifles on April 14, 2014, 07:01:09 PM<br>The Russians are actually moving to a completely unmanned turret for their next generation MBT, the ARMATA or T99.<br>
Really? Wow. Thanks for the info AR.

mirth

QuoteCenturion tanks of the 8th King's Royal Irish Hussars wait with troops of the 1st Commonwealth Division to cross a pontoon bridge over the Imjin River during the Korean War.