Feedback on AAR for Civilization V, Gods & Kings

Started by bayonetbrant, December 16, 2012, 05:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

"venti" is the largest size drink you can get at Starbucks.

I'm playing in the "huge" size.  I like exploring!
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

LongBlade

Quote from: Martok on April 05, 2013, 08:37:24 AM
For the uninitiated/uneducated, "venti" would be how big approximately?

Probably derived from Starbucks. The "venti" is the large, 20 ounce size cup.

So he's either playing on a board made of coffee, a board weighing 20 ounces, or a large board.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

TheCommandTent

Of course the Mac fan-boy would make a Starbucks reference.   ::)   :P
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

bayonetbrant

^^ the irony there of course is that I hate coffee
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

TheCommandTent

I hate it when another Civ beats me to a wonder.  I wish you could chose to either take the production in cash or apply it towards another build.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Steelgrave

Quote from: TheCommandTent on May 09, 2013, 07:30:45 AM
I hate it when another Civ beats me to a wonder.  I wish you could chose to either take the production in cash or apply it towards another build.

If you go to the Steam Workshop for Civ, there is a mod that will notify you that you are ahead or that another civ is beating you towards building a wonder. It won't let you take the production in cash or apply it towards another build, like you want, but I've been known to clear nearby forests for the production bump if it's a wonder I really want and I'm behind. The mod is called Wonder Race.

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Steelgrave on May 09, 2013, 12:11:14 PM
Quote from: TheCommandTent on May 09, 2013, 07:30:45 AM

If you go to the Steam Workshop for Civ, there is a mod that will notify you that you are ahead or that another civ is beating you towards building a wonder. It won't let you take the production in cash or apply it towards another build, like you want, but I've been known to clear nearby forests for the production bump if it's a wonder I really want and I'm behind. The mod is called Wonder Race.

Good to know, thanks for the heads up.

Windigo

I am gone for 2 weeks and Bayo hasn't posted a new one yet???? WTH???
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

LongBlade

Quote from: Windigo on May 22, 2013, 11:33:22 AM

It's May-viation.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Windigo

Quote from: LongBlade on May 22, 2013, 11:44:00 AM
Quote from: Windigo on May 22, 2013, 11:33:22 AM

It's May-viation.

He could develop flight early?   ::)

Windigo

Yay Civ V AAR.

Its like a soap opera... for geeks.

Loved how the AI will leech a kill off you now... 

TheCommandTent

Windigo

Windigo

It's great watch an AAR on a game you love. I take my lumps in the wonder races if I lose. Just note where it is built and plot revenge later.

TheCommandTent