Main Menu

Recent posts

Current Events / Re: Israel
Last post by GDS_Starfury - Today at 01:10:13 PM
I don't underestimate them but I also don't think highly of them either and I will mock them at every chance.
Current Events / Re: Russia's War Against Ukrai...
Last post by Skoop - Today at 01:05:48 PM
I've heard many pro Russians cite that Clark incident in Serbia.  They tout that as nato aggression and the sentiment is probably what lead to Putin's rise. 

I don't buy all the nato expansion bad and caused Ukraine war that's being put out there.  Something has to keep the Russians in check from gobbling up the Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania.  Eastern Europe is thriving living free from Russian rule, no way that would happen with out nato. 

We wouldn't need to move nato East if Russia would let Eastern Europe live in peace.

I think really, the failure is letting the Russians become enemies 22 years ago.  Nato moving East could have been a friendly alliance with Russia moving closer, some how diplomacy dropped the ball 20+ years ago.
Last post by W8taminute - Today at 12:55:23 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on Today at 08:21:08 AM

I think even the ayatollahs are thinking we are a bunch of posers.  I bet they realize that all the years of their bragging and tough talk came back to bite them.  Still don't underestimate these losers. 
Last post by W8taminute - Today at 12:52:08 PM
I agree, what is about to happen is, for lack of a better term, a "Red Sea" moment for Israel.  A serious moment for the world as well.   

Between Iran bragging that if Israel strikes they (Iran) will use a weapon they have never used before and chatter about Israel's "Sampson" option means this is a big moment. 

What happened on Saturday night was absolutely stunning.  A defense system that is guaranteed (by the men who operate it) a 90% success rate at the very best just stopped pretty much 99.9% of Iran's incoming projectiles.  It should not be taken for granted.   

Last post by Jarhead0331 - Today at 11:36:51 AM
Quote from: Uberhaus on Yesterday at 11:40:29 PMCNN had, I believe, General W. Clark on talking about how Ukraine had much more area to cover with AD, compared to Israel.

General Clark, had his orders been followed by the British, nearly started World War III in 1999. Thankfully, he's no longer issuing commands, but hopefully those who do think twice about his advice. 
Last post by Windigo - Today at 10:37:03 AM
That could be a tough sell, given that Russian oil refineries are on the drone menu.
Last post by Jarhead0331 - Today at 08:52:26 AM
Quote from: MengJiao on Today at 07:55:05 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on Yesterday at 06:41:49 PMPersonally, I never think war is a laughing matter and to mock your enemies is the first step to underestimating their capabilities. A regime like Iran only needs to get lucky once in order to inflict real damage. Remember, on February 25, 1991, a single Iraqi Scud missile got through defenses and managed to demolish a makeshift United States barracks in Dhahran that housed more than 100 American troops. 28 American soldiers were killed, 110 were hospitalized and 150 experienced physical injuries.  This one Scud's impact accounted for more than a third of all US soldiers killed during the Gulf War. Needless to say, I find these kinds of social media posts and images/gifs to be very immature and unbecoming.

The threat posed by Iran has never been one of conventional weapon systems, so it does not come as any real surprise that the missile and drone attack was largely ineffective...although you can be assured that those on the ground in harms way probably weren't telling jokes and making memes on their computers while the sirens were blaring.

According to the Defense Intelligence Agency, Iran has adapted its military capabilities and doctrine to account for developments by the United States and its allies. Although still technologically inferior to most of its competitors, the DIA notes that the Iranian military has progressed substantially over the past few decades.  Iran's use of unconventional warfare elements, proxy forces and asymmetric capabilities pose a persistent threat. Furthermore, each of these forces are becoming increasingly survivable, precise, and responsive. We've already seen how Iranian attacks and those of their proxies can impact global shipping and thereby the entire world economy. Not so much of a laughing matter in my view.

Got it, no laughing.  Ya takes your mental hits and you keeps your mouth shut, see.  Get it?

If you want to demonstrate that you have the mental acuity and maturity level of a 12 year old, I won't stop you. Have fun.
Last post by GDS_Starfury - Today at 08:21:08 AM
Last post by MengJiao - Today at 07:55:05 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on Yesterday at 06:41:49 PMPersonally, I never think war is a laughing matter and to mock your enemies is the first step to underestimating their capabilities. A regime like Iran only needs to get lucky once in order to inflict real damage. Remember, on February 25, 1991, a single Iraqi Scud missile got through defenses and managed to demolish a makeshift United States barracks in Dhahran that housed more than 100 American troops. 28 American soldiers were killed, 110 were hospitalized and 150 experienced physical injuries.  This one Scud's impact accounted for more than a third of all US soldiers killed during the Gulf War. Needless to say, I find these kinds of social media posts and images/gifs to be very immature and unbecoming.

The threat posed by Iran has never been one of conventional weapon systems, so it does not come as any real surprise that the missile and drone attack was largely ineffective...although you can be assured that those on the ground in harms way probably weren't telling jokes and making memes on their computers while the sirens were blaring.

According to the Defense Intelligence Agency, Iran has adapted its military capabilities and doctrine to account for developments by the United States and its allies. Although still technologically inferior to most of its competitors, the DIA notes that the Iranian military has progressed substantially over the past few decades.  Iran's use of unconventional warfare elements, proxy forces and asymmetric capabilities pose a persistent threat. Furthermore, each of these forces are becoming increasingly survivable, precise, and responsive. We've already seen how Iranian attacks and those of their proxies can impact global shipping and thereby the entire world economy. Not so much of a laughing matter in my view.

Got it, no laughing.  Ya takes your mental hits and you keeps your mouth shut, see.  Get it?
Last post by Uberhaus - Yesterday at 11:40:29 PM
It would be nice to see NATO frustrate Russia by shooting down drones and missiles launched against civilian targets. 

CNN had, I believe, General W. Clark on talking about how Ukraine had much more area to cover with AD, compared to Israel.