Has anybody tried "Objects In Space?"

Started by glen55, July 03, 2018, 03:49:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glen55

The RPS review has me interested. Apparently it's a spaceship sim with an emphasis on keeping your vessel running, and usually quietly, instead of the pretty sights. Maybe a cross between Elite Dangerous, Car Mechanic Simulator and Thief?

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/07/03/premature-evaluation-objects-in-space/
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Jarhead0331

I have it. Messed around with it a little bit. It is definitely interesting, but a very archaic look and interface. i got pretty far into the opening part of the campaign and then had to shut down. I  was disappointed to see that my progress did not get saved. Have not gone back to it since.

The combat looks like it will be interesting though. Very Harpoon-ish in space.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

glen55

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 03, 2018, 06:50:36 PM
I have it. Messed around with it a little bit. It is definitely interesting, but a very archaic look and interface. i got pretty far into the opening part of the campaign and then had to shut down. I  was disappointed to see that my progress did not get saved. Have not gone back to it since.

The combat looks like it will be interesting though. Very Harpoon-ish in space.

Figured I'd get at least 1 taker.... ;)

Thanks.
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

JasonPratt

What, wait -- progress wasn't saved? WHY?! Is that a bug, or just for the opening of the campaign, or what?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Con