Main Menu

The Witcher 3

Started by Tpek, February 06, 2013, 01:30:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tpek

Well,
I was waiting for someone else to start this thread, but no one seems to have noticed it so...

http://www.gog.com/news/special_promo_the_witcher_3_announced_get_the_first_two_for_50_off

Gusington

I did not like Witcher 2 much but Witcher 3 looks to be a Skyrim killer. They have my attention again.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

tgb

I really disliked the combat in Witcher 2 - I thought it was too arcade-like.  I'd like to see them bring back the combat of the first game.

Tpek

Quote from: tgb on February 06, 2013, 02:31:45 PM
I really disliked the combat in Witcher 2 - I thought it was too arcade-like.  I'd like to see them bring back the combat of the first game.

Really? I actually liked the more action-y part of it. While I have to admit it is much more simplified than the first's.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I agree with Gus.  A kind member here sent me the game as a gift, but I just could not get into it unlike the first one.  I don't think I ever progressed much past the opening bit with the castle siege.

Bison

The Witcher 2 was horribly optimized IMO.  I enjoyed it but not as much as the first Witcher.  There are other things that kind of turned me off to both of the games but that's really neither here nor there.

Gusington

I got past that opening siege tutorial but I hated the first few hours of the game for some reason. It drove me back into the arms of Skyrim.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tpek

Witcher 3 is available for pre-load (at least from GOG).

Philippe

I picked one and two up on sale over the weekend.

I really don't see what all of the fuss was about.  The combat is, to my taste, unfortunate.  I much prefer the combat in the 2 1/2 Drakensang games.

I'm not sure I care for the plot and backstory either.  As a Dark Eye player I'm used to a lot more depth. 

I played for a bit in English, but the accent was disconcerting.  Then I tried in Polish with English subtitles.  That was a bit better, but I think I may try German with English subtitles, or maybe French without subtitles.

I haven't closed the book on this one yet, but if anyone likes the way it plays, then they would probably like Demonicon.  I don't care for Demonicon's combat system (a bit like Joan of Arc with none of the redeeming features), but apparently some people do. 
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.

History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.

Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

Tpek

To each his own I guess.

I like how dark and more realistic the fantasy world is.
With deep background, interesting storylines with a twist, the sexy chicks (what? I'm a guy! :D ), the way they tried to make it different
from the usual fantasy action-RPGs (no healing normal healing potions).
I liked the moral choices, where there is no real right&wrong, no Lawful Good vs Chaotic Evil crap like in D&D.

And I didn't even read any of the books :P

Rayfer

Quote from: Tpek on May 11, 2015, 01:03:17 PM
To each his own I guess.

I like how dark and more realistic the fantasy world is.
With deep background, interesting storylines with a twist, the sexy chicks (what? I'm a guy! :D ), the way they tried to make it different
from the usual fantasy action-RPGs (no healing normal healing potions).
I liked the moral choices, where there is no real right&wrong, no Lawful Good vs Chaotic Evil crap like in D&D.

And I didn't even read any of the books :P

Agreed...I played (and uncharacteristically finished) the first...I enjoyed the way your choices really had an impact on how the rest of the game played out; quests, storyline and finish.

gabeeg

I used to be a RPG player but have not played in years, I got a free copy of Witcher 1 and gave it a try on a whim...at first I really disliked it and found that the world did not really appeal to me and put it aside.  Then one day while home sick I tried it again and after a couple hours found that I was getting drawn in and was also getting used to the unique (to me) controls.  Ended up finishing it...which is rare for me, even back in the day and sad that it was over.  I bought Witcher 2 but have not yet had the heart to play it after reading all the reviews and comments about the changes made vs. Witcher 1.   I am real curious about Witcher 3 and if the reviews are favorable I might hold my nose and start up 2 so I can get 3.  Please post your impressions on this game...real curious.
Kind Regards,
Harry

Nefaro

The controls gave me fits in The Witcher too.  More specifically, the camera.

I ended up buying Witcher 2 on the cheap, but never got around to playing it after people mentioned they didn't improve the combat camera & controls from the first one.  >:(

Tpek

Sooooooon....
Sooooo sooooooonnnnn......  :D

Tpek

This game is pretty fun.
And surprisingly enough, I haven't really noticed bugs in it.

Plus there are already 2 free DLCs out for it :)