Steam "Lunar New Year Sale"

Started by Rayfer, February 15, 2018, 03:17:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayfer

Wasn't expecting this when I looked at Steam today.  Interesting excuse for a sale but when I went to my wish list I saw some great buys.  DC: Warsaw to Paris $9.59.  Victory and Glory: Napoleon $9.89  Field of Glory 2 $19.79   And more!

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tpek

Somehow, the Steam Chinese New Year sale is even more underwhelming than previous sales.
I can't even find myself, so far,  remotely interested in any of the sales.

Geezer

Damn, Stellaris is 60% off.  I have easily been resisting it up until now...
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

mirth

Quote from: Geezer on February 15, 2018, 04:08:52 PM

Resistance is futile.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

JasonPratt

Does "Lunar New Year" in Chinese translate to "Valentine's Regret Day"?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Geezer on February 15, 2018, 04:08:52 PM

I wouldn't bother.  Speaking as someone who foolishly preordered and suffered through the first few patches, I can say that Stellaris will almost certainly never become the game it was meant to be.

I mean, maybe someone who's played the last last patch or two can confirm that everything got turned around and miraculously fixed, but somehow I doubt that happened.  Save your money.

OJsDad

Huw, welcome back. Hope all is well

What do you think is broken in Stillaris. Im still having fun with it. I've thought of firing up Distant Worlds, but with the issues still there, I much happier with Stellaris.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Huw the Poo

Thanks mate, nice to be back.  I honestly can't remember too much about Stellaris (other than my general sense of bitter disappointment as I'd been bugging PDX to make a space-based 4X for years), but as I recall my complaints revolved around things like how wars worked (bringing your opponents to their knees yet only being able to take a single world, and having to wait ten years before declaring again) to the way that you're forced into alliances because otherwise you're swept under the carpet (and alliances being totally broken - I can instigate a war and claim certain war goals, but if my ally declares a war I get no say in it - plus AI spamming of war declarations), to the way the AI completely fails to react to the extra-galactic invasions etc.

I could've given you a more concrete answer a year or two ago.  Suffice to say I was really pissed off with the developer's attitude and seeming reluctance to fix some core issues.

Gusington

^This is THE Huw? Not some imposter?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Huw the Poo

Quote from: OJsDad on February 16, 2018, 10:47:57 PM
Maybe it's his cat.

I just ate it. :)

Sup Gus?  What have you been up to?

OJsDad

Huw,

The game has change a lot since initial release.  There is a huge release coming out this next week which is going to massively change the game again. 

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/stellaris-dev-diary-105-2-0-cherryh-patch-notes.1069794/