Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia

Started by Martok, November 14, 2017, 01:57:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

^Depends on your point of view but I don't think it is intended as fantasy, no.

10 factions?? Nice.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Martok

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

jomni

Quote from: Martok on November 14, 2017, 08:59:42 PM
Quote from: jomni on November 14, 2017, 06:57:20 PM
Is this fantasy?
No, it's historical.
There a big snake in the video.  :DD

Staggerwing

There were plenty of snakes in Northumbria back then and that pit was full of them.

Read up on Ragnar Lodbrok and the Ormgard.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Sir Slash

My question is if we are going to get a map of the whole of Britain to play on, is Bob's house going to be on it? Or will it be buildable and what effect on Public Order will it have?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Martok

Once his house is constructed, effects are as follows: +2 to Public Order, and Bawb becomes a Hero you can recruit into your faction. 

Embedded in an army, Bawb grants +4 Morale to all units, but the commanding general gains the trait "Mustache Envy".  Embedded in a settlement, he improves tax income by 4% and growth rate by a whopping 8%, but at the cost of -3 food consumption.  If Bawb is sent to infiltrate an enemy army, there is a 2% chance each turn that the entire army (including its General) defects to your faction, with no penalties for failure (the troops just love him too much).  If he is sent to infiltrate an enemy settlement, there's an immediate 50% chance he either dies or the entire settlement defects to your faction (regardless of culture).  8) 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

FlickJax

Looks Ace; a south east Asian one would be good too but this just looks ace.

Surtur

It has been a while since I was excited for a new Total War game, I like it :D
"Gentlemen, You Can't Fight in Here. This is the War Room!"

Destraex

What this means is that their will not be a new total war game proper or engine for many years to come.
We have instead for the next few years an expansion for Rome2 (the expansion for rome2 is out in 15 days or so) and an expansion for Atilla (this viking sage is based on the atilla engine).

For me it means unless I do a crazy upgrade on everything. I probably will not be playing either. At least until the next engine which will hopefully bring back empire total war's crisp and impressive graphics to units. You know, units with real polygons at a distance. Both of these announcements are disappointing to me. Not just because of the engine but because they are basically rehashing the same periods that exist. I was hoping for different periods all together. There have been so many expansions for the rome2/atilla series already.

vs

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Gusington

CA have already posted about a third game in an entirely new historical era that is being developed right now.

And these new 'smaller' games are generally HUGE compared to TW games from years ago. One indication of that is the 10 (!!!) factions that will be available in Thrones of Britannia.

Martok you would have won the internet for the day with that post but you neglected to include Bawb's most important defensive trait: +15 cranial frying pan resistance.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

It's Viking Invasions 2: Total War. That's enough for me.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

It totally is - as Des said above it has definitely been done before, 15 years ago. But new tech makes everything old new again, especially if you love Viking history.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Vintage Dude

There is already a great mod for Attila that is very similar to this. It is called "Age of Vikings". It's very well done and it's free.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Tpek