The Lordz Games Studio strikes a licence deal on Check Your 6!

Started by Lord Zimoa, February 01, 2016, 06:41:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

IronX

This is great news. I've been waiting for a PC game like this for years.

Nefaro

jomni

Thomasew

He Who Will Not Risk Cannot Win

Lord Zimoa

Jet Age will be covered at some point, in fact the plan is to bring the complete CY6! series, including CY6! Yet Age, to the digital arena. It will be done in phases, this is a commitment that will cover years.

Con

I know the logic is to follow the timeline so WW2 first then Jet age.  But I wonder if there was some market research done (like a poll here on Grogheads) whether the results would show that Jet Age would be the more popular first release. 

My vote would be Jet Age first.

Con

FlickJax

I am happy with either, just knowing that all are coming is good enough for me :)

Lord Zimoa

Well the main reason is that the whole series is build up to go from the more classic propeller aircombat dog-fight in WW2, into the mixed era with propeller and jets like in Korea, into the the Jet Age like Vietnam and ending into the last classical period of the yet age that still saw intense classic dog-fighting like the Israeli-Arab Wars.

This is like a red thread binding the whole series together, with all the changes and expansion that follow the historic path, as it actually did.

So going from the 40`s into the 50`s, into the 60`s and ending into the 70`s, just feels right and the best path to us all. We will cover it all the way.

Cheers,

Tim aka LZ

acctingman

Quote from: Lord Zimoa on February 02, 2016, 08:20:46 AM
Well the main reason is that the whole series is build up to go from the more classic propeller aircombat dog-fight in WW2, into the mixed era with propeller and jets like in Korea, into the the Jet Age like Vietnam and ending into the last classical period of the yet age that still saw intense classic dog-fighting like the Israeli-Arab Wars.

This is like a red thread binding the whole series together, with all the changes and expansion that follow the historic path, as it actually did.

So going from the 40`s into the 50`s, into the 60`s and ending into the 70`s, just feels right and the best path to us all. We will cover it all the way.

Cheers,

Tim aka LZ

Tim....

Don't listen to these jet nuts....all that propellant has fried their brains  :uglystupid2:

Propellers > Jet engines!!!

Father Ted

Quote from: Lord Zimoa on February 02, 2016, 08:20:46 AM

Cheers,

Tim aka LZ

Unsurprisingly pretty much like Chuck Yeager's Air Combat of fond memory

mirth

The progression from prop planes to jets makes sense. That's how the tabletop game developed. It's a natural progression.

For me the CY6 sweet spot is the 1950s before AAMs become dominant. Love the jet age guns-only combat.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Silent Disapproval Robot

Jets are boring.  Looking forward to some mass battles over the Channel and the Solomans and especially looking forward to not having to fill in a sheet by hand for each plane.

Richie61

Ed
aka Richie61

"If You Don't Stand for Something, You'll Fall for Anything"

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus