John Tiller's Modern Airpower (Android)

Started by Bison, May 18, 2013, 08:07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

Well it looks like Tiller and crew are jumping to the mobile market.  There is a free version of Modern Airpower availble and under development for iPad.  More details here: http://johntillersoftware.com/Demos.php

Oh.  Did I mention it's free?

Staggerwing

I saw that. Being an iGuy at present I wonder when we will see the iOS version. Every day past tomorrow is too long...
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

MikeGER

THX  for the head up  :)
...looks like its in an early state of development so (locks up here and there on my Note 10.1, but will sure be fine when its ready.

btw:
I like the paradigm change to: "there will be a mobile version of that older PC-wargame / or even boardgame too", and the "we start with Android first"

....Apple's global tablet market share has dropped from over 60 percent in Q2 2012 to around 40 percent in each of the third and fourth quarters of 2012 and the first quarter of 2013. And while in Q1 2012 Apple outsold Android in the tablet market by 11.8 million to 8 million, in Q1 2013 Android outsold Apple by 27.8 million to 19.5 million. ... (source IDC press release 5/1/13)

... i hope other developers/publishers wake up also soon.

our favorite genre of games can be perfect for a tablet if the UI design is adapted in a sleek way, with smooth zoom, and manipulation of chits/counters, etc   

Rogo727

While it should be noted that you can by an android tablet for as little as 49.99......to bad the report above says nothing about this.

JasonPratt

Actually, it isn't hard to set up an Android emulator on Windows. I did it myself yesterday while looking for a way to test some games for my brother. (His wife has the iPad. ;) )

Find and install the latest copy of Virtual Box (4.2.12-84980 was the one I found), and then do a search for "androVM_vbox86t_4.1.1_r4-20121119-gapps-houdini-flash.ova" and download and run that. Now I have an Android 4.1 emulator on my Win8. :)

I played the first tutorial mission of Templar Assault last night. A very nice turn-based adaptation of Space Hulk.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

James Sterrett

Quote from: Bison on May 18, 2013, 08:07:49 PM
Well it looks like Tiller and crew are jumping to the mobile market.  There is a free version of Modern Airpower availble and under development for iPad.  More details here: http://johntillersoftware.com/Demos.php

Oh.  Did I mention it's free?

Thank you!