The man who sold FRIDAY!

Started by Jarhead0331, November 02, 2018, 05:55:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

A fantastic cover of a fantastic song...

Well, another uncertain weekend gameplay-wise. Been playing Total War Warhammer II again, lately. Also, the new version of the StarWars Galaxy at War mod for Men at War AS2 has been released after years of waiting, so I'll mess around with that too. I definitely want to play something sci Fi or Space 4x...just not sure what....anyway, everybody enjoy.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

MengJiao

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 02, 2018, 05:55:42 AM
A fantastic cover of a fantastic song...

Well, another uncertain weekend gameplay-wise. Been playing Total War Warhammer II again, lately. Also, the new version of the StarWars Galaxy at War mod for Men at War AS2 has been released after years of waiting, so I'll mess around with that too. I definitely want to play something sci Fi or Space 4x...just not sure what....anyway, everybody enjoy.

You can't go wrong with poor ole Kurt (sniff, sniff)

Yep.  Definitely some War thunder, but other than that and a board game or two...I'm not sure what else.

Barthheart

Grog PBEM Civ VI is finally underway. Should be interesting.

Deep into a Stellaris campaign as the Federation in the Star Trek mod. This mod is incredibly deep. Really want to try the Klingons next.

Got Warfighter Modern on the table continuing a campaign.

Final bit of yard work before winter sets in for good.

jamus34

Should actually have more time for stuff this weekend weather depending.

spider man, witcher 3, and stardew valley are in the plans. Maybe some endless legend / space2 but I'm finding I'm getting kinda bogged down in the middle late game. Gonna check out some YouTube to see if I'm missing something

Oh and hopefully some boardgaming with my girls. 
Insert witty comment here.

Dammit Carl!

Out of town to spend time with the Uncle this weekend, so no full-bore (or any) gaming to be had.   :(

On the plus side, I just picked up Insurgency: Sandstorm so I'll get to wrap my mitts on that bad boy next week.   :D

Have fun, folks!

JasonPratt

0.) My hunt for my Solium Infernum disc shall finally start in earnest this afternoon!  <:-) I appreciate the patience of everyone else in the mp game (Ysk's thread for which can be found here: http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=23037.0).

1.) My AoW3: Eternal Lords match against (or possibly with) Ysk and a set of AI opponents, has kicked off this week and I'm super-pleased to be finally playing it! (I've played AoW:2 Shadow Something a lot, and even several multiplayer matches long ago, but not much AoW3 and no mp there yet.)

2.) My Strategic Command: Classic match against Shelldrake has entered the Soviets-invading-Britain phase, which I will assume means my overall strategic theory may be experimentally dis-verified.  :buck2: Whether I can recover from this 'setback' remains to be seen....

3.) The GROGPUBLIC forum game has entered their Italian Era, which currently means mopping up a lingering border war from the Latin Era, with the Aequians over in the Apennine mountains. (...it's Friday and I have no idea if I spelled that mountain range in central Italy correctly.  :-[ ) Two player slots remain for anyone who wants to join in!

4.) Chugging along on Shadow of War, though not much this week. I should finish out the Gorgoroth area, which will leave some area in the hinterland that the undead elf says doesn't matter to anyone.  ::)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

Unless I am totally losing my mind, JH - you've used this song before. Not that I have an issue with it because I enjoy Kurt Cobain's version even more than the original.

This weekend without any prior planning or forethought I am going to dive in to some Field of Glory II - Age of Belisarius and also start an Attila: Total War campaign as the White Huns. May also start an Avars campaign if I can figure out which era they appear in.

Halloween has left me exhausted this year so I am setting aside my Warhammer Total War campaign as the Vampire Counts after 115 turns. I enjoyed the vampires even more than the Tomb Kings or Norsca so i will definitely return to it at some point.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Anguille

I've started a new game of Horizon. I want to complete one of the main quests to win the game (Kor'Tahz or Varaians). Also playing some Sins of Solar Empire: Rebellion. Also the CIV IV Pbem game. If i have enough time, i'll play also some Polaris Sector and Aggressors: Ancient Rome.

As i am travelling by train to go to work, i play on my tablet. Last week i finished the Shinari campaign in Imperium Galactica II and am currentely playing Space Captain by Malfador...nice and challenging (i am at mission 11 of 37 i think).

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on November 02, 2018, 09:01:43 AM
Unless I am totally losing my mind, JH - you've used this song before. Not that I have an issue with it because I enjoy Kurt Cobain's version even more than the original.

It is quite possible. In case, I leave you with this...

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Sir Slash

Not much gaming time this weekend for me... family obligations.  :hide:   But I will definitely try to get in some more Rome 2 with the DEI mod now that it's working again. Here's a screenie of my Campanian Elite Hoplite Infantry in their 'Hold Position' formation. And maybe some Battle Academy if I have a few minutes to kill. Have a great weekend Grogs.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Yskonyn

AoW 3 Pbem with Jason. My first turn wiped my starting army, so I am losing the initiative here. The AI is brutal (if you don't really know what you are doing yet)!

If Jason finds his disc then Solium Infernum will kick off.

In the mean time my Dutch empire has seen the dawn in Civ 6.

And my (AFK) adventures in BDO have been re-ignited by Huw.

On the table lies Warfighter Modern which I am gradually teaching to my boy.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Gusington

Lake of Fire...another great one!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

RommelFox

Packing and moving :( 

I'd rather have my man ammunition depot kicked, if you know what I mean.
My ancient Egypt site:
Gods and Pharaohs

MengJiao

Quote from: Sir Slash on November 02, 2018, 10:30:17 AM
Not much gaming time this weekend for me... family obligations.  :hide:   But I will definitely try to get in some more Rome 2 with the DEI mod now that it's working again. Here's a screenie of my Campanian Elite Hoplite Infantry in their 'Hold Position' formation. And maybe some Battle Academy if I have a few minutes to kill. Have a great weekend Grogs.

Wow!  Nice Hoplites!

Huw the Poo

Warframe - of course!

Black Desert Online - got to reach the "awakening" soon and get my shiny new super sword (or whatever it is I will get)

Ni No Kuni 2 - Revenant Kingdom - early birthday present.  I started it last night.  Looks charming enough but I didn't do much more than the prologue.  I'm looking forward to seeing what exactly this game has to offer.

Have a good weekend everyone!