Next Assassin's Creed is apparently ... Vikings!

Started by glen55, April 05, 2019, 02:41:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glen55

Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Jarhead0331

Definitely cool, but I was hoping for feudal Japan. I mean come on...this game is begging for ninjas and samurai.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JasonPratt

Well, they've done Feudal China, but yeah OBVIOUSLY Japan. That couldn't be more of a no-brainer.

Or, they could loop back to their original conception and have an assassin tasked with guarding a young Prince Dastan in Persia...

Having said that, I am not against a Viking setting in principle.

Having said that, I have never gotten around to playing anything past the first game, so... clearly I'm in no hurry to get even to the acknowledged apexes of the series.  :buck2:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Tpek

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 05, 2019, 03:00:47 PM
Definitely cool, but I was hoping for feudal Japan. I mean come on...this game is begging for ninjas and samurai.

I completely agree. Why the heck haven't they gone for it already???

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

I still have most of Origins to get through but I MUST play Odyssey soon or I will explode in a nerdgasm of anticipation and dorkitude.

A Viking theme would be great. I wonder if they don't do feudal Japan because it is just too obvious and they want to try to be more emo-cool than that...

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tpek

Quote from: Gusington on April 06, 2019, 04:00:00 PM
I still have most of Origins to get through but I MUST play Odyssey soon or I will explode in a nerdgasm of anticipation and dorkitude.

A Viking theme would be great. I wonder if they don't do feudal Japan because it is just too obvious and they want to try to be more emo-cool than that...

I still have pretty much everything to go through... :P
I've yet to finish an AC game, I actually intend to get back to finish AC3 and start progressing from there.

Jarhead0331

FWIW, the remastered version of AC3 was recently released.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

I have played almost all of the AC games and I didn't really like ACIII...can't really say why. Liked Rogue and loved Black Flag though.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

glen55

Folks should not put off playing Odyssey just because you haven't played the earlier games. IMO, and most people agree, I think, Odyssey is clearly the best one.

I'm very happy they're doing Vikings but yes, feudal Japan would be great.
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower