Examina...medieval sword combat

Started by mikeck, May 17, 2017, 12:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeck

Yep. In fact The size and physique of your character matters. Taller guys have higher centers of gravity and tend to give into momentum. Skinny Guys lack the strength to swing big weapons but are more agile. Pretty cool
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Sparhawk

Oh my goodness, have you seen the master ogre fight?
https://youtu.be/sM8QEW4MR90

Destraex

Be careful of this one. They seem to be doing two games at once.
I have a friend who got it. It seems to that one title is like a tech demo for the main game...
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

mikeck

Quote from: Destraex on May 18, 2017, 05:01:39 AM
Be careful of this one. They seem to be doing two games at once.
I have a friend who got it. It seems to that one title is like a tech demo for the main game...

Exanima is a full, but short game in and of itself. The MAIN game is called "Sui Generis" and is in development. The story line for Examina takes place 40 years before Sui Generis. I don't think the Devs are claiming anything other than this is a "demo"..but an extensive demo that they used to work out the mechnics. But I don't see why anyone should "stay away from it". It's a dungeon crawl...nothing more,   Nothing less, with cool combat, an arena, great graphics and sounds for $15

From the dev:
"How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?
"While Exanima already feels like a complete game there are many defining features yet to be added and the current content represents an introductory stage to a larger, more open and varied setting. Exanima itself is a prelude to our even larger open world game Sui Generis, most features will make an appearance in both games bringing the scope of Exanima far beyond what it may appear to be now."
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Jarhead0331

Is there a video tutorial anyplace? I really suck at this and for some reason I am struggling with the brief explanation in the manual. When I take an opponent down, its usually through luck.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

mikeck

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 18, 2017, 08:23:14 AM
Is there a video tutorial anyplace? I really suck at this and for some reason I am struggling with the brief explanation in the manual. When I take an opponent down, its usually through luck.

There is but I didn't think it was very effective. If you look on steam forums there's a couple guides to help out a little bit but nothing fancy. It's a pretty bare-bones game which is why it's $15 so I don't think there's a lot of supporting documentation

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=437266682

It only took me a few hours of gameplay to get pretty decent at the combat you start to get a feel.

mikeck

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18