Dice Discussion

Started by Bison, January 17, 2017, 11:12:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbmike

Interesting dice trays on Kickstarter: The Dragon Tray
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

BanzaiCat

Pretty cool trays. Not $99 cool, no way no how, but still pretty cool. The 'Axes' one is my favorite, though I'd prefer it without that wooden knob in the middle.  ???

Bison

Uh...no.  When the hell did geeks all become millionaires to afford such luxuries?  Clearly these kick starter folks have never visited the average game store and visited with their purported cliental. 

bbmike

Another thing I noticed is that the trays look too small to use.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

Bison

Quote from: bbmike on February 01, 2017, 02:03:50 PM
Another thing I noticed is that the trays look too small to use.

I had the same thought.  They didn't look large enough to be practical for actual use.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Bison on February 01, 2017, 02:00:40 PMUh...no.  When the hell did geeks all become millionaires to afford such luxuries? 

They're not blowing their cash on sports memorabilia or cocaine...   :hide:
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on February 01, 2017, 04:09:46 PM
Quote from: Bison on February 01, 2017, 02:00:40 PMUh...no.  When the hell did geeks all become millionaires to afford such luxuries? 

Some of us are.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

mirth on Thursdays

...explains why the KKK flyer worries him

:D

Bison

Quote from: bayonetbrant on February 01, 2017, 04:09:46 PM

Yeah I guess boxes of tissue and bottles of Aveno don't cost that much...

mirth

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on February 01, 2017, 07:36:25 PM
mirth on Thursdays

...explains why the KKK flyer worries him

:D

I do look fine though.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

bbmike

I always pictured you more like this:
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

^I wish I looked that good

Bison

Well I finally scored a hard cover copy of Dungeon Crawl Classics.  Of course for those who know this particular RPG system, you know that you need an assortment of crazy dice: D3, D4, D5, D6, D7, D8, D10, D%10, D12, D14, D16, D20, D24 and D30.  AKA Zocchi dice.   Impact miniatures makes a complete set plus a large set with more odd D#s.  Good stuff for nerds to grok.

Bison

Surprisingly game science doesn't make a D30. 

bayonetbrant

Seriously? Sent your shopping list; we'll see what we can find you at Origins.

One place had a baseball-size "dEverything" we can get you
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers