GOG Refund policy updated

Started by steve58, February 26, 2020, 03:46:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elvis

Quote from: Ubercat on February 26, 2020, 09:53:43 PM
You're the boss at Battlefront? I thought you were an employee.

I am. And my bosses know. :-)

Elvis

I just checked the maths on our end.....I got a chuckle out of the result. First I looked at the returns for this year and it is 0.02%. Pretty low. Then I checked it for all of last year and guess what the number was? Yup, 0.02%. I'll keep an eye on that and see if there's an increase in the coming months.

(And I understand this is a sample size of 1.)

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Ironically, I might have to take advantage of this for a refund on Combat Mission 1! -- it has trouble setting up start positions on certain on-board gfx chips (such as in the Surface Pro 3 I'm typing with this minute.)

But I probably won't.  O:-)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Destraex

Quote from: Pete Dero on February 27, 2020, 08:29:27 AM
Quote from: Destraex on February 27, 2020, 08:18:01 AM
I imagine that if you do it constantly they will simply ban your payment credentials as an untenable customer.

7. How often can I refund my games? Is there some sort of limit?

We trust that you're making informed purchasing decisions and will use this updated voluntary Refund Policy only if something doesn't work as you expected.
This is why there are no limits but instead, we reserve the right to refuse refunds in individual cases.
Please respect all the time and hard work put into making the games you play and remember that refunds are not reviews. If you finished the game and didn't like it, please consider sharing your opinion instead. Also, please don't take advantage of our trust by asking for an unreasonable amount of games to be refunded. Don't be that person. No one likes that person.

https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/articles/360006129837?product=gog

:)
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Elvis

Quote from: JasonPratt on February 28, 2020, 05:13:28 PM
Ironically, I might have to take advantage of this for a refund on Combat Mission 1! -- it has trouble setting up start positions on certain on-board gfx chips (such as in the Surface Pro 3 I'm typing with this minute.)

But I probably won't.  O:-)

If it doesn't run you should definitely ask for a refund.

I was a little concerned about this when I was setting it up with them. Nothing has really changed with those games in 17-20 years. I get Help Desk tickets from people sometimes because the games won't run on their new system. There ain't much that I can do about it. There's a lot of 18 year old software that won't run on my computer. I did test them all on a few different newer computers before completing the arrangement. They run fine on my Windows 10 machine. Have you tried messing with the compatibility settings? That may help. Set it to Windows XP or somefink. :-)