2018 Running World Cup Thread

Started by bayonetbrant, June 18, 2018, 06:45:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeGER

Pete Dero

MikeGER

i didn't now we played in Wolgograd :-\

airboy

What is this "world cup" of which you speak?

Does it contain alcohol?  If so, where is my cup?

Pete Dero

Quote from: airboy on June 27, 2018, 01:43:03 PM

It is something like the MLB World Series but in this case other world countries actually do participate  :2funny:.

Barthheart

Quote from: Pete Dero on June 27, 2018, 01:54:26 PM

It is something like the MLB World Series but just as boring. :2funny:.

FTFY

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Pete Dero

Quote from: mirth on June 27, 2018, 02:12:49 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on June 27, 2018, 02:08:26 PM
Quote from: Pete Dero on June 27, 2018, 01:54:26 PM

It is something like the MLB World Series but just as boring. :2funny:.

FTFY

this

It is not so boring when your country is in it (but I can't seem to find the US or Canada on the list of participators)  ;D.

mirth

Watching a soccer game is like watching the grass grow, but with a soccer game in the way.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Pete Dero

Quote from: mirth on June 27, 2018, 02:27:16 PM
Watching a soccer game is like watching the grass grow, but with a soccer game in the way.

You should try cricket :

The oldest and longest format is called "Test Cricket"- This is the original form of cricket invented by the British. It is played over 5 days, minimum 90 overs to be played in each day. ( An "over" is a span of 6 balls continuously bowled by 1 particular bowler. After bowling an over, he is replaced by another bowler to bowl another "over"). Minimum 6 hours of play is scheduled for each day. Each team gets to bat twice in a span of 5 days. each slot is called an "inning".

The shorter version of cricket is called "One Day" match: Invented in 1970's, each match consists of 50 overs being played by each side and the team scoring more runs in their quota of 50 overs wins. A team is normally given 3 hrs 30 mins of time to bowl its quota of 50 overs plus there is a break of 40–45 mins between the two innings so the game lasts for ~ 8 hours.

jamus34

Quote from: Pete Dero on June 27, 2018, 02:34:48 PM
Quote from: mirth on June 27, 2018, 02:27:16 PM

You should try cricket :

The oldest and longest format is called "Test Cricket"- This is the original form of cricket invented by the British. It is played over 5 days, minimum 90 overs to be played in each day. ( An "over" is a span of 6 balls continuously bowled by 1 particular bowler. After bowling an over, he is replaced by another bowler to bowl another "over"). Minimum 6 hours of play is scheduled for each day. Each team gets to bat twice in a span of 5 days. each slot is called an "inning".

The shorter version of cricket is called "One Day" match: Invented in 1970's, each match consists of 50 overs being played by each side and the team scoring more runs in their quota of 50 overs wins. A team is normally given 3 hrs 30 mins of time to bowl its quota of 50 overs plus there is a break of 40–45 mins between the two innings so the game lasts for ~ 8 hours.

I think I fell asleep just reading the explanation...
Insert witty comment here.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Pete Dero

This one in our local newspaper made me smile :

Even in the summer the Germans can't get in to Moscow.

Barthheart

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers