Consolidated Soccer Season 2017-18

Started by bayonetbrant, August 20, 2017, 07:08:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emeraldlis

That's cool OJ ^.... Is coaching regulated? Because, you were a good coach. But are some kids ending up with coaches who are nutters, and just put kids through dangerous exercise drills? It would be great if coaching was standardised.... Or maybe it is, I don't know.
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

Emeraldlis

Not long to go now before the FIFA World Cup begins in Russia on the 14 th of June  <:-)

Ireland got knocked out by Denmark in the qualifiers  :-\  England have qualified , and are in group G with Tunisia , Panama and Belgium . We play Tunisia first on the 18 th June :) I think England and Belgium are going to win the group and get through to the next round ....ENGLAND ! ENGLAND ! ENGLAND !   :D We've got Gareth Southgate as coach ,he played for Aston Villa , and a former player for England as well . I wasn't to sure about that selection at first , but he's proving me wrong and so far seems to be doing a good job of coaching the England side .

His latest decisions on the England line up , also his take on the tensions between Russia and England right now .
https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/gareth-southgate-shakes-up-england-squad-ahead-of-world-cup-2018-a3791311.html

So how far can England get in the World Cup this time ? I guess we're about to find out very soon ! I've certainly sat through some heartbreakers  :'(

I'll never forget the penalty shoot out that took us out of the 1990 World Cup against what was west Germany at the time ...old rivals . Paul Gascoigne cried on the pitch , which kind of summed up the feeling of the nation at the time .

This was the World Cup song for England at Italia '90 . It brings it all back ...Pearce missing the penalty , Chris waddle kicking the ball over the net ...Gazza having a breakdown on the pitch ! It's still a cool song though , because it sums up the optimism everyone felt at the time . We had a really good side , the World Cup was in our grasp ....until our nemesis came along ,PENALTY SHOOT OUT ! :pullhair: Anyway ,this is the song . New Order ...world in motion. "We're playing for England ..EN-GER-LAND !!!!

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

Emeraldlis

I think Iran are going to be an interesting team to watch during the world Cup. They've won all of their qualifying matches in Asia to get to the tournament. They've got a manager from Portugal who's helped the team to get to a better standard. And the team are hungry for success! I think that combined with their ability to play well are going to make them a team to watch out for.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42222278

They are in group B with, Morocco, Portugal and Spain. No pressure there then!  :o Portugal and Spain are typically the two that I would pick to win that group. But can Iran cause an upset?