2017 AAR of the Year Nomination

Started by bayonetbrant, January 17, 2017, 09:07:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crossroads

Quote from: JasonPratt on September 27, 2017, 07:52:26 PM
It's a shame that Dropbox basically killed Crossroads' AARs.  :pullhair:

He did two deep ones this year, but this one ran the longest and down to the wire. http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=15700.0 "CS Middle East: The Crossroads (West Bank, 5 June 1967) -- DAR vs Berto -- "

Thanks for the mention! I still have all the pictures, and I named and numbered them to have turn information... 163 screenshots, so maybe I'll just start adding them back, one by one. It was a fun battle, and went to the wire indeed.

Damn dropbox indeed  >:(

Edit: I found out that it is possible to share those files again, i just need to obtain a shared link, and change the url end of ?dl=0  to ?raw=1.

Lesse here:

Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Crossroads

Quote from: mirth on September 27, 2017, 03:56:19 PM
DC1: Warsaw to Paris - Jason vs Barthheart by JP and Barth

Seconded. I also nominate it for Best Musical Score in an AAR 2017 award.  :bd:

CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

JasonPratt

I am resolved to finish that thing by the end of the year...
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Crossroads

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers