The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

^Sale on some of the CKII dlc @ Humble too.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Pete Dero

Lasting until November 4th, save 50% on most DCS World modules! This applies to aircraft, maps, and campaigns. The only exceptions include:

DCS: F/A-18 Hornet by ED - 25% off

DCS: Persian Gulf Map - 25% off

DCS: Christen Eagle II by Magnitude 3 LLC – 25% off

DCS: F-14 Tomcat by Heatblur Simulations – not on sale at this time

DCS: F-16C Viper by ED – not on sale at this time

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/2019-10-18_Autumn_Sale/

Jarhead0331

I'm teetering on the Mig-19P. Only $24, but I know I'll hardly ever fly it... :hide:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: Pete Dero on October 19, 2019, 02:35:47 AM
Lasting until November 4th, save 50% on most DCS World modules! This applies to aircraft, maps, and campaigns. The only exceptions include:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/2019-10-18_Autumn_Sale/

You!  [shakesfist.gif]

mbar

Matrix is having a Warhammer Week sale - Up to 80% discount on games set in the Warhammer universe until next Tuesday, October 29th.

https://www.slitherine.com/news/warhammer-week-sale-up-to-80-discount-on-our-games-set-in-the-warhammer-universe

RommelFox

My ancient Egypt site:
Gods and Pharaohs

Sir Slash

FoG II For $11.25. Not too shabby!  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Grim.Reaper

How are the battle star galactica games..?

JasonPratt

I own Deadlock and all the DLC (for season one), but have not played one single moment.  L:-)  :'(  :crazy2:

So currently, I think they're just great!  :))
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

W8taminute

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on October 23, 2019, 09:47:38 AM

I only have the base game, no DLC.  I don't intend to purchase the DLC unless it's offered for 1 dollar or less. 

The battles are really thought provoking.  A lot of maneuver and firing to be had here. 

I'm not that impressed with the strategic layer though.  I really wish the campaign mode was free roam instead of story driven.  I also wish one could select either the humans or the cylons instead of being limited to a story driven campaign about the humans.  This is the reason it is highly unlikely I'll buy any of the DLC.  If you don't mind that this is not really a true 4X grand strategy game then galactica is kind of fun I guess. 

I've got about 26 hours into the game.  I won't delete it off my hard drive but it's not the type of game I'm going to visit regularly but that's just me.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Martok

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on October 23, 2019, 09:47:38 AM
I'm definitely a fan of Deadlock.  It captures the atmosphere of the Moor-verse pretty well, the storyline is decent, most of the ships have a=their own role/niche to fill, and it easily boasts the best turn-based space battles I've played in years, if not ever -- it strikes a nice balance between not being too dumbed-down, but also not being bogged down in minutiae. 

I will second W8taminute's mention of a lack of an open-world/ended campaign as being a drawback in my view, but that's my only real critique.  All things considered, I'm looking forward to "Season 2".  :) 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Gusington

Civ VI Platinum Edition @ Fanatical for 39.99...includes:

Sid Meier's Civilization VI
Civilization VI – Vikings Scenario Pack
Civilization VI – Poland Civilization & Scenario Pack
Civilization VI – Australia Civilization & Scenario Pack
Civilization VI – Persia and Macedon Civilization & Scenario Pack
Civilization VI – Nubia Civilization & Scenario Pack
Civilization VI – Khmer and Indonesia Civilization & Scenario Pack
Civilization VI: Rise and Fall expansion
Civilization VI: Gathering Storm expansion

Is that everything? What is it missing? Oh dear.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Barthheart

Gusington

I knew you, out of everyone, would respond within 5 minutes :)

So in one corner I have the Civ VI Platinum Edition (above) for 39.99.

In the other corner I have Divinity: Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition, Plague Tale, Ottoman and Austrian expansions for Battle of Empires, and Warhammer: Man o  War - Corsair...for a total of ~72.00.

What to do...

...how is the mod scene for Civ VI? If I want to play a campaign entirely in the Middle Ages or the Renaissance, can I now? And will I really get over that cartoony look of everything?

gah

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

For what it's worth, as much as I love the Man-o-War adaptation, the game has been basically abandoned in a somewhat finished state. It's definitely playable as a career, but you'll find places where obviously more development was intended. (e.g. only one male and one female captain character model.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!