Warhammer 40,000 Gladius - Craftworld Aeldari DLC

Started by Boggit, November 04, 2020, 06:50:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boggit

I am so excited that for once the Eldar are getting represented in W40K!!!!  O0 :smitten:

Here is the press release...

Slitherine announces the

Warhammer 40,000 Gladius
Craftworld Aeldari DLC

Epsom, November 3rd. Slitherine LTD and Proxy Studios are proud to announce Craftworld Aeldari DLC, the 7th DLC for the award winning Warhammer 40,000 Gladius.  After Tyranids, Chaos Space Marines, and T'au, it's time to conquer the forsaken planet of Gladius with the new faction of the Craftworld Aeldari.

The Craftworld Aeldari enter the fray with 19 new units and unique gameplay mechanics. The Craftworld roster of units is extremely versatile: Aeldari units are absolutely lethal from a distance, but you won't lack for deadly close combat options either. Exploit the Webway Gates to achieve incredible mobility on the battlefield, but be wary, for Aeldari lives are rare and precious and any loss will be felt greatly.

The Craftworld Aeldari DLC will be out on November 12th

The one and only 4x strategy game set in the Warhammer 40,000 universe from Games Workshop, Gladius has been published in summer 2018. Since then, Slitherine and Proxy Studios kept the game alive with constant updates and DLCs.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

JasonPratt

As much as the weak aesthetics make it hard for me to continue playing this game, I very much appreciate the devs continuing to be faithful to adapting the factions to it, and this'll be a pretty quick buy for me!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Jarhead0331

Its not the aesthetics I find weak. Its the overall mechanics and limits of the game. It's really just a 2x. All you do is build, research, build more, expand and exterminate. It falls well short of being a 4x and there just isn't that much to do in the end. A lot of missed opportunities in this one.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Boggit

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 04, 2020, 01:44:13 PM
Its not the aesthetics I find weak. Its the overall mechanics and limits of the game. It's really just a 2x. All you do is build, research, build more, expand and exterminate. It falls well short of being a 4x and there just isn't that much to do in the end. A lot of missed opportunities in this one.
I wonder if there will be more features in the DLC to go a bit further down the way you suggest, which is fair criticism of the game.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

JasonPratt

I don't expect to get a cultural win in a WH40K game. ;) So I'm okay with the more militaristic 4x -- there's plenty to explore, to expand into, for exploiting resources, to exterminate your enemies.

The aesthetic is just so dull and dreary, and nowhere near as bombastic as 40K should be. The Eldar will at least have the excuse of focusing on precision (I don't play them in Dawn of War for example to experience Reapers blasting the hell out of my foes -- they're going to be spitting monomicro filaments regardless.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!