The 2014 Running Football Thread (College & Pro)

Started by bayonetbrant, February 07, 2014, 10:21:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

The Colts need a running game, defense, and legitimate deep threat receivers.  Otherwise Luck will become the new Peyton in more than being the quarterback of the Colts.

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Bison on January 18, 2015, 09:43:20 PM
The Colts need a running game, defense, and legitimate deep threat receivers.  Otherwise Luck will become the new Peyton in more than being the quarterback of the Colts.

Pretty much. But the organization keeps blowing free agent dollars and draft picks on average-at-best talent and godawful trades.

Oh, and to Hell with the Seahawks. How I loathe that franchise.

Steelgrave

Pats vs. Seahawks. Could be a great game. I gotta go with the Pats.

MetalDog

I would love nothing more than to see Brady surgically destroy Seattle.  For two reasons: 1) I hate the Seahawks and 2) it'll be something ELSE Tom Brady has done that Peyton Manning hasn't.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Marty Ward

Quote from: OJsDad on January 18, 2015, 06:32:28 PM
Ha!  And I only started watching this game with about 4 mins left in the fourth.

You saw the best parts then. What a comeback!
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

Bison

I don't even think I'll watch the Super Bowl this year.

Seahawks.  I cannot stand Pete Carroll or the loud mouths on the defense.  Patriots.  I cannot stand Bill Belichick and Tom Brady.  Halftime show is Kate Perry.  /shutter/ It's like a vortex of all things I cannot stand converging into a singular time and place, which may very well end up destroying the space time continuum.

Steelgrave

I truly don't understand Patriot haters, unless you're a New York team. The Steelers of the 70's used to kick my Oiler's butts, then go destroy my Cowboys in the Super Bowl, but I always had to respect what a magnificent football team the Steelers were. That's how I feel about the Pats. They put the work in, year after year, they play a smart front office game and Brady, dear God, what more could anyone want in a quarterback? You can't discuss the top coaches of all time and not give Belichick his due. Hell, another Super Bowl win and maybe they should rename the Lombardi Trophy after him.

I love the Cowboys, but I can see why some people hate them. The Pats? I don't get that.

Bison

Steelgrave

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

I'm with you, Bison. Halftime shows SUCK at The Super Bowl. The last decent one was U2 in 2002, and their tribute to the 9/11 victims. Otherwise I cannot imagine actual football fans liking homoerotic autotuned shite like Perry, Mars, Timberlake, and the other fake pop singers...like audio cotton candy for mouthbreathers. It's all friggin' lip-synched anyway. Might as well tell everyone to pull up a YouTube video.

I don't care about the Seahawks or the Pats either so I'll give this a pass.

Bison

Steelgrave

Halftime is when you should refill your drinks, your snacks, and empty your bladder. I never watch the halftime show, not even when Springsteen played.

Marty Ward

Well the two #1 seeds will play so it should be a pretty good game. I'm not wild about either team but I never pass on a reason to have a party.
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

bayonetbrant

I didn't mind the Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers halftime show, but he played 3 solo tunes and 1 Heartbreakers song.

I did get a kick out of some folks on TV the day after the last Super Bowl wondering "who were those old white guys?"  Uh, they're in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers